This bus passed me on the road this morning.
I couldn't see how many students were riding, but I thought, while watching the bus head toward Selle Road what a monumental day this is for so many.
Whether they are students, teachers, parents, custodians, cooks, bus drivers or other staff members, today marks a new beginning for Lake Pend Oreille School District.
My son Willie is starting his 17th year as an educator at Sandpoint High School.
He, like others around the district, will be putting names to faces and doing his best to memorize the combinations.
By week's end, most students and teachers will be settled in for another year of instruction.
Bring on and use the brains!
May it be the best year ever for all concerned.
There's a button behind me here at the computer that states, "If you think education is expensive, try ignorance."
Let us hope that all involved do their best to work together and whittle away every day at ignorance and to open minds to the basics, the "frills" and the possibilities that exist in this world.
Good luck to all students, teachers and supportive staff for a year of intellectual, emotional and social growth.
Rainy Daze!
I like the rain "daze" for a while, and I'm glad it's been steady, but there'll be no complaining when it subsides today.
The rain has done its job of moistening the ground, cleansing the landscape, bringing an end to forest fire danger, and providing a good excuse for indoor projects.
I made more jelly yesterday. I may have to wait for another rainy day if it doesn't set up, and try it again.
During jelly-making time, Bill was working at his computer.
Then, we both enjoyed some entertainment from the varying numbers of deer that act like they own the place.
No more leaping and running. They just mosey.
And, while moseying, they can feed on berries, leaves, acorns and no sunflowers. Seems they've snatched all the sunflower heads in the garden so they had to just look at the others yesterday.
It's fun having them around, even if they eat a lot of what I grow.
How can you hate Bambi!
It's nice to see the brilliance of natural color again.
This morning I read the following article from the Daily Bee.
I'm wondering if there is any Lebanese food that a person with colitis can eat because I've heard great reviews of this place and would love to sample something.
They are expanding their offerings, so check it out.
If you're a horse owner and want to compete in one more horse show, here's your chance.
As noted before, the show offers some neat awards and some fun classes for all---whether you are sitting on a horse or in the stands.
The more the merrier.
Besides: these reminders, created by my sisters, with a little help, are fun so I like to post them.
Same is true for the image below, and I will always vote in the affirmative.
Happy Tuesday.
YES !
















No comments:
Post a Comment