Monday, January 14, 2008

A Cabinet Mountain snowshoeing venture



We took time out from constant reminders of winter drudgery and destruction yesterday by driving to Western Montana and the Cabinet Mountains. I had seen a photo in the Spokesman of someone snowshoeing at the Ross Creek Cedars off the Bull Lake Highway, so I thought it would be neat to do that ourselves. Well, the road into the cedars is now just a cross country ski trail so we drove on down the road to the campground entrance.

Another couple, Pat and Catherine, along with their dog Milo, were just leaving. We visited for a while and told them we'd appreciate the tracks they had left for us. It turned out that the snow was really good for snowshoeing, so we took a nice trek along the shores of Bull Lake, and I took a lot of photos.

Bill and I both snapped shots of the breath-taking Cabinet peaks while driving back to the highway. We lucked out with some spectacular late afternoon lighting. I just wish I had the camera lens my daughter has. By the way, Annie has put up some new photos at (www.nnlove.blogspot.com).

So, check those out too. In the meantime, we really enjoyed our getaway, leaving all present Lovestead cares behind.

Enjoy the photos.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos! Thanks!

Helen