Thursday, April 03, 2008

Splendor in the Snow



I would not lie to you on April 3 like I did on April 1. For the record: the horses stay, the Loves stay at the Lovestead, my fingers are doing the walking across my keyboard just fine, but the tea did spill all over the kitchen floor because of said invisible pizza box.

Only difference was that the tea spilled all over the floor at 1 a.m. when I couldn't sleep and decided to drink from my cold water bottle. Instead, I was mopping up brown water in my wet socks in the middle of the night.

Other than that, the April 1 went very well as we celebrated Willie's 31st birthday. As you can see by these photos, his "birthday suit" was a bit different from what he wore on past birthdays. We enjoyed a walk in Meserve's field. Thanks again, Stan and Geneva, for letting us invade your beautiful space.

The dogs had a great time. Actually dogs have probably weathered better over this winter than most other species with all the sitting atop snow hills and frolicking in the powder.

In spite of the continued snow pack, I have to admit it still is beautiful---at least for pictures.

With luck, my greenhouse is coming in a couple of hours, so I'd better get outside and finish my morning chores. Then, I'll take my lawnchair, sit inside the greenhouse, and soak up a little sun.

Ah, spring!

Note: Annie snapped some photos at last night's Mariners game: (www.nnlove.blogspot.com)

No comments: