Friday, May 15, 2009

Mama Love's Travelin' Brain is headed for Chicago


Back when I bought this laptop, I had to give it a name. So, I figured Mama Love's Travelin' Brain would do just fine.

And, how true that has become! Are there any other readers out there whose brains have stepped aside to rely on a computer?

Well, my brain and I have.

When people want me to do something for them, I say, "Send me an email; then I'll remember it." Only problem I've seen with that is that some folks forget to send me reminders, so I forget.

Nonetheless, both of my computers have served me well as second brains, especially in the information storage and memory departments. If it's on my computer, I'll remember it and tune in to it a lot sooner than if it's on a calendar.

Also, my laptop has turned into a new best friend, especially for travel. And, travel this little traveling brain is gonna do. If all works out okay, we'll be welcoming the lights of Chicago later this evening.

Three sets of us will meet at O'Hare and then tomorrow we'll go meet a bunch of other family members who are taking up 17 rooms at a resort. And, that doesn't include the dozens of others who actually live in Chicago.

Tomorrow night we'll celebrate Mother's cousin Bud's 90th birthday and his daughter Mary's 50th birthday----and I'm sure the jawing will go nonstop throughout the weekend as we meet, for the first time, many family members and reconnect with others.

I told my mother that I didn't really care about how many clothes I took, as long as I had room for the laptop and the digital camera. So, expect to see some regularity in the blog. Timing may be off a bit, but I'll continue to post every day---with photos---if all works out okay.

So, it's off to Chicago and a few days of family fun and sight seeing. Annie has already left to scout out must-see stuff and to take in part of a Cubs game this afternoon.

Happy Friday and Happy Lost in the '50s! My brain and I had better get moving.

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Happy and safe travel to you all, Marianne. I am glad you will continue your daily blog. I was starting to wonder how I could managed for days without your blog to start my day! By the way, I LOVE my new electric trimmer! Black and Decker 18 volt. Thank you for helping me make the decision!

MLove said...

It's late or it's early, depending on how you look at it, and we've just arrived at our resort, so the blog could be a little later tomorrow, or is it today? Well, you get the point.
Marianne