Thursday, May 14, 2009

Streams and lakes of consciousness



Bright spot on a wet morning

As I watch the rain continue to fall and hope I don't have to go dry off the satellite dish,
I'm thinking it could be worse.

I could be where Bill is today: out in Careywood,
at
the Idaho State Forestry Contest
where
hundreds of students, their teachers and the contest support staff will soon gather
to
compete in a variety of contests.

Bill left about 5:15 this morning. I was still in the bathroom when he left, so I don't know what kind of gear he took to stay dry.
I'm sure he'll be glad when the day ends---or more so---the rain.

So, I won't complain too much if I have to go out there, climb the ladder and mop off that dish to get this thing published.

I was planning to mow the lawn today.

Hmmm. That's definitely a stream of consciousness to reconsider.

We'll see. Maybe by noon, the clouds will lift, the sun will shine and beat down on all the lakes here on the Lovestead, the birds will continue to sing, and I'll happily climb aboard my Craftsman and blissfully scoot around chopping down the latest assault of dandelions, well nourished by water and waiting to launch their mid-May offensive.

While housebound, I'll get the adrenalin going cuz we're going on our Chicago trip tomorrow, and I'll vacuum up a storm, hide all the messes in a room where I hope Erica doesn't peek, get my clothes packed, run to town to get Affrin for my ears which want desperately to painfully pop of late during air travel----and, of course, I'll buy munchies cuz they don't feed or water us on flights any more unless we want to pay a high price, and they're threatening to take away our right to a free potty experiences too.

I just wonder what kind of an uprising (no pun intended) that would cause in the friendly skies, if they had a planeload of people like me with inferior plumbing control. It could get kinda messy, so I'm thinking they've thought of this and we'll get to go No. 1 and No. 2 for the low, low price of zippo.

Speaking of zippo, I went to Zips yesterday, and picked up my bumper sticker which says "Be a Rebel -- take the drive thru." It's on my back bumper across from my Obama sticker. Do ya think I can still safely drive around our walking town which may some day eliminate drive thru windows?

That could be as scary for me as pay toilets on the airplane.

Well, my stream rolls on, and it's headed down to Boise for a minute. My daughter-in-law Debbie is hoping to ride the annual Seattle to Portland Bicycle Classic in 2010 with her friend Paige.
I know this because I wrote a note back to Ross Hall's granddaughter Jonna yesterday and mentioned Willie and Debbie who live in Boise where Jonna lives. Jonna said she hadn't seen Willie but that her sister-in-law is friends with Debbie and they go biking.
So, I sent Jonna's note to Debbie and then learned that they aren't just biking buddies but that they're also blogging buddies. They have created their own blog about the experience and, in so doing, are promoting "all things bicycle," including some appearances by Olympic Gold Medalist Kristin Armstrong (another Boiseite) who will be appearing in some Idaho biking classics this year.
Definitely another small world revelation. Anyway, I went to their blogsite and found it quite informative---enough so to bookmark it. Of course, I'll bookmark anything our family is doing. And, of course, I'll tell others their site address: http://thestpexperiment.blogspot.com/
Check it out if you're a biking fan.
I guess that's enough of the "river runs through my mind" for this morning. The vacuum, the suitcase and the carry-on food supply await.
So, I must go forth on this T-minus-one-day-from-Chicago moist morning.
I'm thinking about young foresters standing under dripping trees, and I'm happy to be in my living room.
Happy Thursday.


No comments: