Wednesday, November 25, 2009



In the "not a great photo" but a "great paper" department, I can't help but feature this shot of the most recent Sandpoint High School Cedar Post.

It came out yesterday, and I think it will be available at Babs and Second Avenue Pizza this weekend, as well as at the Mall.

The paper is looking good, and that comes from a hard-nosed former adviser who must forget her "motherly" connections when making such judgments. My assessment does not come lightly.

Years ago one of my students wrote a letter for me to go in the packet for a national award nomination for advisers.

It was eye-opening, to say the least, to learn how the students had perceived me as an adviser. The observation most poignant to me what they viewed as my ultimate stamp of approval: Good Job.

Until reading the letter, I had no idea how meaningful those two simple words could be to young, aspiring journalists.

After viewing three Cedar Posts this year, advised by my son, and produced by a staff of ever-improving students, I have two words to send their way: Good Job, Mr. Love, and Good Job, Cedar Posters.

You're keeping up the fine tradition and reputation the Cedar Post has enjoyed for several decades.

Keep up the good work!

No comments: