Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Of Apples and Cedar Posts



In the "not such a pretty cake department but how 'bout those canned goods," I just had to show of my apple products this morning. And, yes, those who read about the really ugly applesauce cake the other day, I must note that this one is an improved product, architecturally speaking.

I'm not so sure my architect brother would approve of the roof caving in over the infrastructure, but who cares? It's the taste that counts. A blind person would never know the difference nor care upon sampling a first bite. Many more would follow, I guarantee.

It's kinda hard to have ugly jelly, unless you had stuff floating around in it, and I'm pretty careful about that. Don't want it to look like a lab specimen.

My apples have been good to me this year, and I still want to make more applesauce so I can make more ugly but tasty cakes.

I love making the jelly and giving it away to visitors or folks who've done nice things for me.

The best part, as far as the horses are concerned, comes in the form of all those peelings they get every time the lady in the house tears into another batch of apples.

~~~~

Of course, I must mention the ZAGS this morning. They knocked off Wisconsin last night in the Maui tournament and will play for the championship tonight against Cincinnati. GO ZAGS (4-1) and getting better (ESPN - 7 p.m. PST)

~~~~~
May all Thanksgiving travelers have a safe trip to and from your holiday destinations.

2 comments:

Lori said...

Marianne,
Do you make cinnamon apples with all of your apples too?
Lori

MLove said...

Haven't yet. Got a recipe? Or, is that the one Cindy gave me a while back?