Saturday, November 21, 2009

Saturday Slightly Stormy



There's a Heavenly feel to this sight as a winter storm rolls down off the mountain.

That's the God Tree rising above the others in the west field.

It's an appropriate scene this morning as we take time to remember our dad, Harold Tibbs, who died on this day six years ago.

Hard to believe he's been gone that long, but his memory stays alive through all our work ethics, our pride in doing a job right, through our love of nature and animals and the simple life.

Harold definitely left his mark, and we silently thank him so often.

~~~~~

Also, this morning, I learned that the pedestrian killed in the crosswalk in downtown Sandpoint was Anthony.

I saw the name yesterday, but it meant nothing until I saw his photo in this morning's paper.

I did not know Anthony well, but I knew him, like so many in this town.

Anthony was a member of St. Joseph's Catholic Church, so I knew him there.

I also remember when he worked at Connie's.

Anthony had something for everyone: a warm, friendly smile and a hello.

Quite a gift and definitely appreciated by all who feel a sadness for his tragic loss.

RIP, Anthony.

~~~~~~

Speaking of gifts, I must tell you about Free Christmas. Actually, I'm not going to tell you. Instead, I'll provide you the link where my friend and former student Adrienne tells her story of how she and her family originated Free Christmas at Sagle a few years ago.

I have always greatly admired Adrienne. She's a talented, thoughtful soul and a model to which all parents could aspire.

To read her inspiring story, click on the Bonner County 4-H link at the top of my list to the right.

~~~~~~~~


Snow is coming from the sky in no particular pattern. Wind is keeping it off course as it falls.

Only time will tell if it leaves a lasting blanket today.

Maybe its effect will lead to pictures for tomorrow.

For today, Happy Saturday and check out the photo below.

1 comment:

Word Tosser said...

Anthony was a background kind of guy... never tooted his own horn... I met him in my mother in law's room at Lifecare. He use to visit her weekly. No real reason, just to talk. Which my mil really enjoyed. He visited others as well. What a big smile he always had... this is really so sad and a great lost for Sandpoint because my mil was far from the only one that he made an impression on.