Monday, May 24, 2010

Seasons and stuff



I LOVE this photo of Debbie and our grandpuppy Todd.

I thought it was going to be kinda neat, but never dreamed it would capture my heart so much.

Todd is every bit as sweet as he looks in the photo, and so is Debbie.

After the rain storms blew over Saturday afternoon, we went for a hike along the Pack River near its delta.

The earth had received a good washing, and colors were brilliant.

I've ridden my horse and my bike along the trail, but this was my first hike from the Trout Creek Fish and Game entrance.

It was Willie and Debbie's first time to see the old cabin sitting at the edge of a meadow with Pack River flowing along across the meadow.

So, of course, the camera did some clicking.

On this morning of another week of "season finales TV-style," I must sadly say that we've probably had several season finales in our yard.

A fourth night of freezing temperatures has turned those glorious and abundant apple blossoms brown. I noticed clumps of peonies sagging as I walked to the paperbox.

I gave up on my futile attempts to save zinnias two nights ago.

Looks like fruit may be a rarity this year after thinking a week ago we'd enjoy an overabundance.

I'll have to wait to see how much of the vegetable garden survived the brutal cold, but the seeds will go in the ground once again.

As they say, we may not have abundance in good luck around here, but we've cornered the market on RESILIENCE.

Happy Monday.

1 comment:

Word Tosser said...

Ah the yearly temptations of the stores with their early flowers and seeds...coupled with the early nice weather to help fool us... into thinking this year.. I can start early....only to have the all knowing Mother Earth, say...
GOT YA....
Ken has his garden dug up... but he has resisted the call of the plants at the store... until Sat. and he has them saved in the garage... so far...