Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Great Day in Seattle Area



When Annie and I moved from the raucous, diehard fan section to a calmer setting to watch the Sounders, her boss snapped our picture.

It was a wonderful day hanging out with my daughter on her 32nd birthday.


Before Annie and I got together, my former student and "principal" investigator at the Stoddard Lab at Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center took me on a tour of the Hutch.  Thank you so much, Dr. Barry Stoddard, SHS Class of 1981.


Later, Annie and I took the ferry to Bainbridge Island.  She, of course, found a geocache on her birthday.  We enjoyed lunch there and the trip back to Seattle.


I also enjoyed a walk through a new park along Lake Union.


And, what can I say about my first experience at taking in all aspects of a Sounders Match.


I guess I'll say that in my column, yet to be written.


It was fun even if the Sounders did lose to the Costa Rican team 2-1.


More will come on that.  For now, enjoy the photos.

No comments: