Monday, January 24, 2011

HeatherSpeak



Hi,

Mom Love is lazy this morning. Guess it's Monday, so I'll fill you in on the news.

I'm Heather, and I like to get a word in edge-wise once in a while.

That sure seems stupid.  How do you get a word in edge-wise? 

Do you stand near a counter, bend over and then spit out what you're gonna say?

Those humans have funny ways of expressing themselves. 

We horses like to keep it simple and purposeful instead of muttering all the time. 

I just scream a lot, and I scream loud---only when my friends leave my side, but when they do, the whole neighborhood knows I'm upset.

That's Lefty standing behind me.

Last night I thought he was in bigtime trouble cuz Mom Love got upset when she led him into the barn.

Seems he rubbed another spot on his neck, and that's after having steroid shots, oil added to his feed and a bunch of benadryl.

Mom Love wishes she could figure out what causes him to do that.  Every time he rubs so hard that his hide is either raw or wet, swollen and warm.  When it's the latter, the patch where he rubs peels off and it's several weeks before the new hair grows in.

Last night, she gave his neck a medicated sponge bath, hoping to save the hide and hair where he rubbed yesterday.

She calls him "Patch" every so often.

We all kinda feel sorry for Lefty. 

I don't feel sorry for him, though, when she leads me into the barn.

He runs up and bites me while I'm standing near the gate.

Of course, I know how to kick back.

It's been really nice here at the Lovestead the last few days, and she took this picture when we were running, rearing and bucking around the barnyard.

We felt so good doing that in the sunshine yesterday.

We haven't seen Dad Love for a while cuz he's been staying in the house with his recovering foot. 

He has to keep the surgical boot dry, so he just stays inside, reading, tying flies, watching football and basketball and keeping that foot elevated.

He hasn't been taking any pain medicine since those two bouts with upchuck reactions to the meds.  He seems to be doing just fine in the pain department. 

Mom Love says she's pretty happy with Dad Love cuz he's been a good recovering husband---even loads the dishwasher and cleans up his dishes, without being asked. 

That's a good husband, I guess.

You might just barely notice my dread locks.  Mom Love has been trying to untangle them and make me look nicer.

Every time she does, though, that great big Lily comes over and scares me away. 

Lily wants all the attention around here, and since she's so much larger than Lefty and me, we get out of her way. 

I kinda like my dread locks anyway. 

We heard yesterday that Mom Love is going to Ireland in March with Annie.  No, not Annie Dog but Annie Love.

She says she's even going horseback riding while she's over there.  Maybe when she gets back, it will be spring and she can ride me again.
I guess she's pretty excited. I wonder what all we can get away with while she's gone.  I bet we can convince people to really spoil us cuz we're so cute, ya know.
Well, I guess she's got some other pictures for the blog, so I'd better quit my yakking and get back to eating and defending myself from Lily.
Happy Monday.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ireland!! What fun you will have.
Janet

Word Tosser said...

HOW WONDERFUL.... I am so happy for you...