Friday, February 04, 2011

My Secret Garden, et. al.



I've been keeping this a secret but couldn't resist showing off the greenhouse goodies this morning.

All I need is for the ground to thaw, and these little guys can get a head start on everyone else's 2011 garden.

It's been tough not talking about my little project because I wanted to see if it would really work first.  It has.

And, today I'll reveal the secret.

All you need is a vivid imagination and a photo library of times past.

Everyone, even in North Idaho, can have a garden like this, if even only in their minds.

Seriously, I'm going seed shopping today.

Bill told me to keep his half of some Christmas gift cash, given to both of us.

I could not do that with a clear conscience, so I told him it would get spent for his benefit.

Bill loves the fresh garden goodies as much as I do.

So, I'll go spend his Christmas money today and get started playing in the dirt and sowing some seed for this year's crop of flowers and veggies.


~~~~

I want to remind all local readers about the bake sale today in the lobby at Ponderay's Mountain West Bank branch.

Hoot Owl, Miller's Country Store, Pack River General Store and Blimpies are supplying the treats.

And, when you buy those baked goods, you'll help supply Bonner General Hospital's pediatrics ward with some much-needed equipment.

Besides, with Super Sunday coming, you can stock up for the hungry mouths.

~~~~

I want to thank the Friends of the Library and the good sports on the Sandpoint library staff for a fun time yesterday.

Ilene Bell asked me last fall to speak at their monthly meeting.  

Since it was so far off, I said yes.  No nerves for me six months in advance.

The usual speech anxiety began earlier this week, and I dealt with it.

I must say that the jitters were there a bit, but upon walking into the door of the Rude Girls' Room where several FOL had already gathers, I felt an instant calm.

Their warm hearts and upbeat welcome settled me down almost instantly.

To say the event was a blast is an understatement. When the nerves settle, I love those experiences.

So, thanks FOL.  I loved visiting with you all and speaking to your group.

~~~~~

With the speech over, I'm moving on to finishing up the annual income tax project and doing more research on my upcoming assignment about Sisters on the Fly.  

Life is looking mighty good during this early February, and I can feel the promise of spring along with the revving up of energy for all the fun projects ahead.

Great weekend for sports ahead, too.  The ZAGS pulled off a big win last night in Portland, and they'll be facing Memphis tomorrow in Spokane.  So, we'll be watching.

Also, a special congrats to Coach Love on his JV team's impressive win last night.

Sunday, Bill has responsibility for his annual planning of the wild and raucous Lovestead Super Bowl party.  

I know there will be munchies, pizza and probably one beer apiece----a good time will be had by humans and dogs as we pull for the Packers.  

Go Green Bay!

~~~~~
Hope all goes well for everyone on this first TGIF of February.


No comments: