Sunday, February 27, 2011

Skiers are happy


If ever there were a day to put a smile on a skier or snowboarder's face, today would have to be the day.  

Fluffy, fluffy white powder snow and lots of it.

I'm happy for the skiers and snowboarders.

Although not thrilled about its presence, I'm looking at the bright side.

First, it's really white.

That brightens anyone's day.

Secondly, I could actually pull a cart filled with hay through that four or five inches that fell overnight.

It's easy to tromp down and too hard to shovel.
It's too hard to shovel cuz it's so light.

A person would waste a lot of energy trying to shovel the stuff cuz most of it would float off into the air before the shoveler could go through the motions of deciding where to put the stuff. 

For credibility sake, I just want readers to know that Bill just yelled up my way, "Boy, that's about the lightest snow we've ever had." 

I agreed and then had to read to him what I had already written, just to confirm his observation.

Knowing that someone else agrees that it sure is light snow makes my day too.

It's always nice to know when there's harmony in the air, especially along with light snow.

If it weren't two days from March, and if Roxane Conrad hadn't said, "Let's get together when this weather settles down," I'd probably go out and lie down in the snow and roll around in it. 

That would be because I would possibly be in a frolicking sort of mood and not one bit concerned about all that fluff coming from the sky.

I am concerned, though, cuz it sounds like we're going to get a lot of fluff and then some more and maybe even more.

And, before it quits, we'll be well in to March.  

Roxane is coming today (on the day we both figured the weather would settle down) to see what to do to help do the chores while I'm gone.

She was such a wuss (and a retired Marine wuss, at that) when she called the other day while all that other snow was blowing past the house.

She said, "Let's get together when this weather settles down."  

When she said that, I thought, "Well, I guess even Marines/former Olympians have their limits when it comes to North Idaho weather."  
So, we agreed that today would be the day.  

I'm sure Roxane will show up cuz we're running out of time to wait until the weather settles down.

I'm also sure Roxane, who runs a horse boarding facility, is as happy as I am to see that the snow is pretty and light and fluffy.  

As I told Bill this morning, there's another good thing about this light and fluffy snow.  

There are winds coming---up to 30-35 mph, the prognosticators say.

And, so we're banking on the fact that when those winds come, they'll blow this light and fluffy and pretty snow clear into Canada or California or Montana or maybe even Kingdom Come (where is that,  anyway?)---we don't care where, just someplace else.

That will put us in a very good mood. 

We love this snow so much that we think other people need to experience it. 

And, while they're experiencing it, maybe we can say that the weather has finally settled down.   

Happy Sunday.  I might still go outside and roll in the snow. 

No comments: