Wednesday, May 18, 2011

May Morning Magnificence



No doubt about it: the skies are blue this morning and the blossoms are in their full glory.

A few minutes ago, I walked around with a camera, got my socks wet cuz of Crocs instead of barn boots, and reveled in the morning scenes.

A few shots turned out okay, so I'll post 'em this morning and call it good. 

John Fuller is coming at 9:30 to do some shoeing and trimming, so it will be a busy morning.

And, I'm hoping to slap a little more paint on those chewed-up fences.  Seems like I can't quite stay ahead of those busy teeth. 

Yesterday, though, I checked the electric fence wire.  Maybe a jolt or two will keep 'em at a distance for a while.

At least, I'm thankful they're all healthy and pretty much isolated from that scary equine disease that's getting so much press.

As one writer said, the ubiquitous news may be creating a tempest in a teapot, but it doesn't hurt to take care. 

It will be interesting to see over the next few days and weeks just how serious this epidemic could become.

In the meantime, as long as my three are simply suffering with a fence-chewing addiction, I'll be happy. 

Have a great day.  Enjoy the photos, if they show up in normal form. 



No comments: