Wednesday, May 11, 2011

". . . the places you will go."


~~Sisters on the Fly, trail riding at Wyoming's Willow Creek Ranch~~
--Photo courtesy of SOTF


Dr. Seuss's famous words often reverberate inside my head when I think of where journalism has taken me over my lifetime.  

In some cases, I haven't exactly "gone there," but I've still lived the adventure vicariously.

Such is the case with a story assignment, which just this past week appeared in a worldwide horse magazine Appaloosa Journal. 

I've yet to hit the open road on even one of the multitude of adventures taken by Sisters on the Fly, but "the assignment" provided a few teasers.  

One of these days, I'd like to follow suit, find an old beat-up vintage travel trailer, fix it up and join the sisterhood for a few of their adventures.  

For now, I'll settle for enjoying their wonderful tales of the road,  which have allowed me to get acquainted with several of them---not yet face-to-face.

But Grace Brown of Spokane is seeing to it that I get the opportunity to check out the scene where a few real-life sisters will be doing a little "glamping" near Spokane.  I'll be sure to report back.

Until then, I'm going to send readers to an Appaloosa Journal link in hopes that they'll derive just a bit of the excitement I felt while gleaning information and piecing this fun story together.

So here goes---nothing more from Slight Detour but a fun adventure with this month's Appaloosa Journal.  Enjoy!

http://www.appaloosajournal.com/2011/05/sisters-on-the-fly/

No comments: