Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Tuesdaytwitterdeehallelujah



~~~This couple has been visiting our bird feeder the past few days. ~~~


The aluminum boat just left the Lovestead in the back of Bill's big pickup.  Later today it will go to Mirror Lake, along with Bill and a fly rod.

So, if that news reflects what the splendor of this spring morning has inspired, it says it pretty well.

Doggies came early this morning.  Their Mom Love is in Omak for Girl Scouts.  She noted in a Facebook post yesterday that the sky roof was open in her rental car and that it was a good day for being on the road.  

The day had turned from nice to glorious when Vicki and Regan showed up with their pickup to pick up some barnyard gold.  Along with that came plenty of good visiting.  

It's been a long time since I've seen or talked with Regan Dolsby, so we packed in a lot of gabbing.  She's the latest inductee into the Lodgepole Society.  

We actually could walk across the hay field toward the God Tree and hit the high spots to avoid the remaining standing water.  

Things are picking up around here as Mother Nature allows us some banner days for doing what we love most in this country---spending hours outside, working, playing, admiring the beauty. 

Just got a call from a friend who's itching to ride his horse today or tomorrow, so I suggested the Ginter Fish and Game property up Rapid Lightning Creek Road.  

I'd like to saddle up and go somewhere, but Miss Lily needs shoes.  Her hooves are pretty sensitive to virtually any rocks, so until John Fuller comes to fix her up, rides will have to be limited to the Lovestead.

Today will be an extension of the fun I enjoyed yesterday, transplanting flowers, hauling more dirt and maybe even cutting up some taters to stick in the front-yard planters.  
There's no other message for today than Hallelujah---except Happy Birthday to a bunch of my very special friends.

Laura Delamarter Gray---we've been enjoying each other's birthdays for 63 years now.  She attended my first birthday party, and she's 64 today.  I love it when people are older than I.  

Andrea Venishnick Carlson---she and Laura are both classmates.  And, we've been friends since junior high.  Every month when I turn one of my calendars with its beautiful photography, I think of Andrea.  She produced the calendar.

Pam Eimers---With Pam, I always think nose-taping up times and wine and really OLD Christmas cookies, among other happy thoughts.  We taught together at Sandpoint High School, and we've enjoyed many wonderful moments since.

Brendan Short---he's my cousin and the famous Chicago author.  It was about this time a couple of years ago that we last saw each other at the family reunion in Chicago. 

Buddy Chambers---he's the youngest.  I think he turned 17 today.  I've known him since he was born.  Next year Buddy will serve as co-editor of the Monticola yearbook. 

Anyway, their birthdays are today, and they're all very special to me.  So, I'll end with Happy Birthday to all, Hallelujah and Happy May 10.  May the force of this beautiful sunshine be with you. 

No comments: