Monday, May 16, 2011

Seasons Meetings



~~~Hello, Spring; good bye Winter~~~


Layers came off quickly yesterday.  We received a little lagniappe weatherwise---an extra day of sunshine.

And, I'm guessing everyone around these parts did not let it go to waste.

In between a myriad of outdoor projects, I took time to snap a few blossom photos, and, of course, BC nation shots.

I loved looking through the lens at these robust cherry blossoms, which seemed to be defying the scene behind them.

Yes, tons of snow remains on Schweitzer, and the fear of flooding from all that snow prevails.  

North Idaho has already experienced a good amount of high water, and it's possible the next few weeks will see a lot more.

Rain is falling outside my window right now.  Last night it was pounding.

We definitely received a good wash-up; surprisingly, it was needed because the dust of the past few days had discolored our border trees.

Funny how fast things dry out, regardless of weeks of moisture.

I've been pulling out the hose twice daily of late to make sure my small veggies get enough moisture to help their germinating process.  

Peas are up, broccoli is coming up.  No sign of beans or chard yet.  I've planted chard twice so far.  Could be a bad year cuz I haven't seen any yet. 

Last night we ate fresh, fresh asparagus from the garden.  I think all of 30 seconds passed between the time I cut it and plopped it in a sauce pan.

A little salt, pepper, garlic salt and margarine---delightful!

My onions coming from seed are all over the Lovestead.  Must be at least 80-90 starts, so we'll have plenty come summer. 

This morning,  tulips are starting to pop open, and so far (knock on wood) no deer have come to snip them off their stems. 

Yes, the rain has come again, and we're hoping to see that snow disappear from Schweitzer.  

In the meantime, things around here are mighty pretty.

Happy Monday.

No comments: