Sunday, June 05, 2011

A Three-WOW Weekend



I just realized this morning that my weekend is almost all about wonderful women enjoying wonderful gatherings or achieving some wonderful distinctions.

Yesterday's luncheon at Hope where Women Honoring Women had a chance to dine on wonderfully prepared food and get acquainted with this year's Women of Wisdom was inspiring, fun and memorable.

Sadly,  one of the 2011 WOW's could not attend because of a family emergency, but the other four had a great time getting to know each other and meeting the WHW Board who selected them.

The setting at Patti Clemons' lovely home on the lake was magnificent, it looked to me that a good time was had by all.   In two weeks, the ladies will be feted at a gala in their honor where family and friends can join in on the mix.

As soon as I finish this morning's blog posting, I'll be heading for Spokane, hoping to get to a Riverside State Park campground where I'll have my first face-to-face meeting with several regional Sisters-on-the-Fly.

They've been camping there for the past few days with their vintage trailers and taking in garage sales and a big event in Spokane.

After I visit with them, I'll head to that big event:  the annual Farm Chicks sale.  I've heard this happening is something else, so I'll go see for myself.

Three women-oriented events all rolled into one weekend should reap a nice collection of tales, much inspiration and some good memories to share.  I'll be sure to report.

We did include a man in the mix yesterday when Debbie, Willie and I hiked the mountain trail at the Ginter Fish and Game property.  All went well until we got too close to Pack River, and the mosquitoes took over.

Even our Bounce towels could not fend off those hungry mouths, so we turned around and headed back.  Still, it was a wonderful hike.

One other woman story:  my sister Laurie and her new horse Mani took reserve champion in their regional dressage class over in Auburn this weekend.  Congratulations, Laurie.

Later today we'll know how our "Precious" young woman aka Annie did with her team at the extreme competition in Oregon.

Off to see the Sisters and the Chicks---have a great Sunday.  Enjoy the Pix!

2011 Women of Wisdom
:  Sally Transue, Barbara Eacret, Jane Gould and Myrt Burnett.  As noted:  WOW honoree Helen Tapp could not attend because of a family emergency.

No comments: