Thursday, September 01, 2011

Nice Nostalgia





Note:  My friend monitors my blog each morning because sometimes things don't show up, which I post on the desktop computer or they show up kinda strange. 

In this morning's case, she says she's seeing a blank screen for a video that does not play.  I have no idea where that could have originated and no clue on either of my computers that it's there.  

So, bottom line is:  if it doesn't make sense, the blogosphere may be acting up, which seems very much the case this morning.  Thanks for your patience and understanding.  Now, on to the original post.

Well, the week of wonderful nostalgia has come to an end.  Last night’s SHS staff gathering at Ron and Linda Hunt’s home  served as the grand finale for a series of events over the past several days where I reconnected with dozens of familiar faces/dear friends from forever. 

A poignant moment came at yesterday’s back yard picnic when Rick and Ann Gehring showed up.   

Instant, huge smiles and maybe even a few goose bumps lit up the crowd as they watched their former colleague and SHS math teacher walk pretty confidently from his car. 

Rick used a walker for support only when needed.  Our longtime friend has improved dramatically since his massive stroke, suffered in Palm Beach, Florida, last February.  

Rick’s triumphant appearance at the party added an extra touch of joy to an already fun gathering.

Of course, I snapped a photo or two.  I’m writing off line because Blogger is not loading for some reason this morning. 
 
Anyway, it's hard to believe that we're in a new month.  In fact, I haven’t even turned over my calendars yet today, but I do know that it’s bill-paying day.  And, it’s the first U of I college football game.

I’m pretty sure Willie will be in Moscow, covering the Idaho-Bowling Green match-up for the Idaho Press Tribune.  And, I’m fairly confident that Debbie will be bringing the dogs by fairly soon.

Bill just hollered upstairs that he’s taking tomorrow off to find his 600th geocache.  I guess hearing about Annie’s 500th (oldest in Continental Europe, by the way) spurred him on to tomorrow’s milestone in the Boulder Creek drainage. 

I may join him on the 5-mile hike in to Divide Lake; maybe not.  If there’s too much uphill followed by downhill, my knee may complain too much.  Maybe I’ll get a new bottle of Advil and have it handy.

Well, that’s enough for now.  I’ll try to post some pictures, once the Blogger gods open up for us mere mortals. 

Happy Thursday.

No comments: