Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Oops . . . .


I was getting carried away in another writing project and looked at the clock.  Oops, it's blogging time, I thought.  So, the other project went into "saved" status.
And, while I was deep into my thinking and writing mode, the outside landscape transformed.  A deep blanket of fog has enveloped the Lovestead.  It's dark out there.  I hope it warms up enough to lift the gray soon.
But it's cold, cold this morning.  I turned on electric heaters in at least three rooms during the morning rounds.  The kitchen was especially frigid, even though Bill was up getting his breakfast, and the coffee was perking. 
~~~~~Bill headed off for Trout Creek, Montana, this morning.  He had to meet a realtor at 8 o'clock our time, 9 o'clock theirs.  It's a project for Idaho Forest Management, for whom he's working these days.
His responsibilities seem to be varied, and I think he likes that aspect of the job.  In today's meeting he'll be looking over the forestry possibilities on a piece of property and then reporting back to the boss.
The boss calls here fairly regularly, looking for Bill.  So, it's been a fun experience for me, exchanging snippets of small talk.  All of this activity with IFM definitely adds a new and fun dimension to our lives.
~~~~My other writing project this morning involved drafting a letter for Sandpoint High Alumni.  One aspect I'll share this morning could get the ball rolling quickly on a multi-faceted project to connect our alumni with the SHS students and staff.  
And, that is for alumni to start receiving the monthly online SHS newsletter.  I read my first copy a few weeks ago and found it attractive and very informative.  
So, if you're an alumnus and want to see what's happening at your alma mater on a monthly basis, send a note to administrative assistant Beth Dean at Beth.Dean@lposd.org   Tell her you'd like to receive the newsletter and let her know the email address where you'd like it to be sent. 
A few weeks ago, Dr. Becky Weller Meyer and I came up with three or four ideas which should prove fun for current students/staff and alumni.  So, with luck you'll be hearing about them soon. 
Again, if you know graduates who have not registered at the http://www.sandpointhigh.com/ alumni site, encourage them to do so.  
Also, we encourage people already on the alumni-site roster to update their profiles and contact information as we'll be drawing from that data base for planned projects.
~~~~~Tom Sherry called for today to be just like yesterday so when the fog lifts, it looks like another good opportunity to work on outside stuff. 
Yesterday I resumed my fence-painting project which stopped abruptly with last Friday's unexpected rain.  One side is all finished, and an hour or so should finish up the project.
I also had a bag of what I thought were hyacinths to plant yesterday in a spot near the road where more hyacinths appear each spring. Last week I added a dozen.  
Over the weekend I saw bulbs with good prices but apparently wasn't paying attention while grabbing a bag.  So, the hyacinth patch will be skirted by about three dozen daffodils.  Maybe that will be a better show anyway. 
Love these fall days where thoughts of enhanced spring beauty turn into fun projects.  Then, comes several months of waiting AND I love the days when those efforts transform into beautiful spring reality. 
~~~~Guess I'll quit my dreaming and get on with the day.  Happy Wednesday.

No comments: