Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Tuesday Twitterdeefrostypumpkins

Yup, it's fall. 
I shot this photo yesterday morning at my sisters' home.
And, I'm guessing the yellow carpet surrounding Laurie's VW has grown considerably this morning.
Cuz there was plenty of frost coating the gate latches, pumpkins and especially the cars when I went out to lead horses to pasture. 
The horses will be surviving on less and less pasture and more and more flakes of hay over the next few days.
This morning, we've reached a "write-your-name-in-the-windshield" kind of cold.
I like days like today with crisp, cool air and clear skies.
Looks like we'll have a few, and the forecasters call for us dipping into the 20s overnight.
I'm not so sure we haven't already reached that point here in Selle. 
Anyway, I took a few cold pictures this morning and will include them with those I took at my sisters' yesterday. 
The horse is Dusty.  He's starting on his winter coat, and I'm sure it will be growing as those tamarack on the mountain turn more gold with each day of cold. 
Happy Tuesday.




No comments: