Sunday, November 27, 2011

Silent Sunday Morning


Not a lot of headlines this morning except for a sighting that could lead to a good murder-mystery title:  Blood Drops on the Threshold.
Yup, it's still there.
And, there are more splashes of the red stuff on Annie's Diet Pepsi box near the door.
Everyone who was alive in the garage last night is still alive this morning.
Nobody's telling what happened.
Bill says, "What happens in the garage stays in the garage."
I guess that will be the case cuz not ONE Border Collie of the four will breathe a word about any overnight scuffles.
I've done body checks.  No apparent injuries, just pup-scuffle blood, I guess.
I'll probably clean it up before we have any visitors, lest they get any bad ideas.
Doggies are all happy this morning.  They've been for their romp in the hay field.
Chores were easy.  
The barnyard has firmed up from cold nights and at least a third of all that snow we had several days ago has receded, revealing dry ground and green grass and lots of otherwise hidden dog logs.
I'm still waiting for the papers to arrive, and it was good they're late this morning because I took a moment to stand at the end of the driveway and to listen, like I often do on weekend mornings when the papers are late.
I heard rustling of leaves over in Gary Finney's woods.  Soon I saw the rustlers---a couple of his big black Percherons making their way between the trees.
I also heard the Union Pacific tooting its horn and rolling down the tracks a mile or so away.
Other than that, it's a pretty quiet morning out there.
Bill and I will probably be a bit more active today after several hours of watching our teams yesterday.  Boise State and Gonzaga both had impressive victories, and how 'bout that Kellen Moore.
I'm guessing that it would be beneath the big sports talking heads and sportswriters to elect a player from little ol' Idaho as its Heisman Trophy, but Kellen Moore certainly is deserving.  We'll keep our fingers crossed that the tide will turn, and that they'll give him his due.
This afternoon, we'll return to couch potatoing for a while to watch the Seahawks game.  After all, when all your descendants are sitting in the stands---'cept for scuffling grandpuppies---you've got to tune in. 
Debbie called last night to let me know she, Willie, Andrew and Alicia will be in the end-zone section reserved for rowdies at Sounders Soccer Matches.  Our family knows that spot well.
In the meantime, Annie and her Groundspeak friends will be sitting on the 40-yard line. 
I'm sure we'll make a telephone call or two to Seattle and that they'll be taking their photos in the stands for instant publication on Facebook.
It sure is fun these days having the electronic gizmos to help families keep in closer touch than ever before.
I can remember back when Annie took off to college at Boise State (1997), and we had the new feature of "email" to keep connected.  That made the separation for parents a whole lot easier.
Nowadays, we're in tune like never before, and I find it rather enjoyable. 
Speaking of gizmos, I've treated myself to a new toy.  It should come in tomorrow's mail, and, with luck, this week I'll be able to share the results of its usage with readers.
It's a telephoto lens (great for portraits, I'm told) for my new camera.  Can't wait to put it to use.  But I guess I'll have to wait-----just like I'm doing this morning for the paper. 
Our instant gizmo era tends to promote impatience, and patience has never been one of my strong suits anyway.
Still, I have no choice but to wait, so I guess I'll say good bye and hurry back outside to see if those damn papers have come yet!  :)
Happy Sunday.  Go Seahawks.  Have fun at the game, Young Loves, et. al. !
We'll try to keep the blood baths here at the Lovestead at a minimum while you're enjoying the game.

No comments: