Friday, December 02, 2011

Zippedy do da Day

I was really smarting when I took this picture of the Pack River yesterday.
Had a dog on leash in one hand and my camera in the other.
And, that was AFTER the dog on the leash took a deep dip in the trail at a little faster rate than I could.
She went up the hill; I went down to the ground with camera in hand.
The camera survived (just a little dirt to clean off the lens) and so did I.
It took a minute or so, though, to shake off the pain in my nose and especially my right upper arm.
I don't know what I hit with that arm, but it left a substantial and sore bruise.
When one is out hiking with four Border Collies, though, one does not have much time to contemplate pain and suffering.
I will say, however, that Border Collies exhibit a lot better bedside manner than most people do (including me).  
They all congregated around me with great concern as I picked myself up from the wet, muddy sand in the trail above the river shoreline.
The doggies and I enjoyed our hour spent at the Ginter Wildlife Management area.  We had the whole place to ourselves, and walking (and romping) through the tall, dry grass was fun for all. 
The sun did not shine much yesterday, but there was still beauty enough to add to the enjoyment. 
I was wishing my telephoto lens had come for the hike, but it's apparently still in transit.  
~~~~
Today will be a busy one.  
Haircut at noon and junior varsity basketball game at 4 with all the other normal stuff in between. 
I think my sisters are joining us for Willie's second game tonight; then, we'll go to dinner.
~~~~
Tomorrow John Fuller will come to remove 12 shoes from horses' hooves. Then, they'll be fully winterized.  
John will eventually take care of his own winterization in Mexico, and we won't see him until spring. 
As soon as John leaves, the ZAGS will be playing again in Illinois.  So, we'll gather around a television set and cheer them on.
~~~~
This is a full-fledged weekend at Schweitzer, with more runs open and a brand-new feature which is likely to attract the daredevils.
This year the resort has installed a zipline on the Baby Bear Hill.
I think I know of at least one family member who will be trying it out when she's home for Christmas. 
~~~
Speaking of Annie, she thinks she's "cool" cuz she attended two Seahawks games in less than a week.  And, what a game she watched last night!
The Seahawks did themselves proud in a big and impressive victory over the Philadelphia Eagles.  
The outcome was especially neat because every single sports commentator in the pre-game program predicted an Eagles win. 
Nice when they're wrong about our teams.
~~~~
Well, maybe the lens will come today, and I'll have some samples of its work tomorrow. 
For now, I'd better just post a couple of photos and call it a day for Slight Detour.
Enjoy your Friday. 


No comments: