Thursday, December 01, 2011

Nature's Artwork


I'm thinking that anyone in our area who had a camera handy during the late afternoon was snapping skyward photos. 
The local paper featured a photo from the late afternoon art show, as did one of my Facebook friends.  I chuckled upon seeing these pictures, thinking that my camera was storing some very similar scenes.
The sky and the colors before sundown were spectacular. 
This photo and several that I downloaded remind me of those often very challenging 1,000-piece jigsaw puzzles.
I was standing in the lane near the hayfield while this show of heavenlike color was drawing my eye to the sky. 
The last day of November does not always present a great picture day, but yesterday's magnificent weather turned into a photographer's dream.
I kept my nose to the front side of the house most of the day, putting up Christmas lights.
That included a run to town to get replacements for those that somehow found a way to go bad during their year-long storage.
What happens during storage to Christmas lights, anyway?
They were working perfectly fine when taken down, but several strings/sets refused to light up when I plugged them in to the socket yesterday. 
So, as I often do, piecemeal ruled over spending too much more money on lights.
We now have a modest light show on the front side of the house, and it will be just fine for this year.
It was nice to have lots of open space outside to lay out the lights before deciding where to put them.   
I'm so grateful to Mother Nature for giving us a nice long break in the weather.  In fact, these lovely sunny days are supposed to last through next week.
It was fun taking pictures yesterday afternoon, and I'm looking forward to some more photography cuz my new lens is supposed to arrive today.
Besides all that, everyone in ZAGSland is happy this morning after the Bulldogs handily beat Notre Dame last night at McArthey Athletic Center.  
I believe the victory makes them 5-0 for the season.
Mark Few's team this year is especially fun to watch because it's loaded with a smorgasboard of talent. 
If the strong points in one aspect of the game are not working on any given night, then the coaches can easily go to Plan B or maybe even C.  The Bulldog squad is that deep.
So, on this first day of December, there's much reason for excitement.  
And, now that we're down to only 21 more shorter and shorter days with a stretch of nice weather in the mix, I'll sign off with a "Happy Thursday." 
Let's see---the Seahawks play tonight, so in lieu of "Go Bulldogs," I'll say Go Seahawks.
Then, tomorrow night Willie's team plays again---at home, and we can get back into the normal winter chant.   
Have a great day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The pictures are beautiful!
And we are very happy about the Zags this year.
Janet

laurie said...

these pictures are just breathtaking! i'm sorry i missed this spectacular evening but grateful that you shared it.