Wednesday, February 15, 2012

The Happy Hatter

Ever see something hanging on a rack, try it on and instantly love it?
Well, this morning one of our lamp shades is pretty darned happy with its new look. 
Such style for a lamp shade.  
Sure to keep out the cobwebs as it grows webs of its own.  
Lamp-shade joy is contagious this morning, sorta like a poodle with a new haircut.
Actually, the hat is only on loan to the living-room lamp.
That new sombrero will be resting on my head from time to time.
What started as silly-girl play at the Western Pleasure hat rack turned in to an added charge on the price tag for our Valentine dinner.
My friend Diane and I were near the ladies room, and while waiting we had to try on the Western hats.
I selected one, put it on, and "voila!" instant love.
Janice, the Western Pleasure owner, brought her camera and took our picture, cheek to cheek with our cowgirl hats.
Then, she grabbed a hat with an extra-huge brim making the crown look extra small and asked me to put it on.
More pictures. 
 I couldn't help but strut back to the table and show it off to Bill and Debbie (Willie had to go to a district-tournament basketball game---Bulldogs won too). 
I took the crazy hat back, put it away and used the ladies room.
Walking by the hat rack once more was one time too many.  I had to have that first hat.
So, it resides here at the Lovestead. 
I'd post a photo with it on my head, but there's nobody here to take the picture. 
I can definitely call myself the "Happy Hatter" this morning cuz I'm gonna love wearing my new purchase.
And, the dinner.  The evening was glorious.
The setting was magnificent, as it always is in the Western Pleasure Lodge.
Candlelight at the table and beautiful white hearts on the picture windows, the smell of birch burning and the sounds of Laurie Carlson singing love songs---definitely a lovely atmosphere.
And, the food---shrimp cocktail, butternut squash soup with wonderful warm bread, salad with a touch of viniagrette, prime rib prepared to perfection as was the salmon, mouth-watering scalloped potatoes, asparagus full of taste and cooked just right.  
Absolutely delightful.
Don't know what to say about the gorgeous candy-coated strawberries.  The tray offered a variety huge, tasty and artistically covered with white chocolate or coated with toffee bits or coconut. 
I enjoyed a lemon mousse as my dessert. 
They know how to put on a Valentine Dinner for sure, and I'm thinking everyone there went home happy---and no, they were not all romantic couples; many were just good friends who know where to enjoy a great meal. 
The best part for us was sitting next to a window and watching Roper (he's Kiwi's half brother) greet all the diners as they came up the stairs. 
Unfortunately, Roper could not come inside to visit during the dinner hour, but he made up for it as the welcome wagon host outside the lodge.
Great way to spend a Valentine's evening.  Thanks Western Pleasure.
Hats off to you this morning. 
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you enjoyed your evening at the lodge. It was such a pleasure to have you Bill and Debbie join us. Your hat looks good on the lamp shade but it looks way better on your head, but better yet think how good that hat is going to look on your head while you are sitting astride your favorite spotted appaloosa. Happy Trails, Janice