Monday, February 20, 2012

Happy Presidents' Day


The sun came out several times on our snowy Sunday.
One of those times I carried the camera with me down the lane.
The rays were short-lived on that particular trip, but they hung around long enough for me to snap this photo. 
Those are definitely the "Christmas-card" trees between the Lovestead and the Meserve Preserve.  
They're also a favorite place for the cats to hang out---our cats or theirs.
Beneath all those spruce limbs lies well protected mostly dry grassy ground, a great spot for cats to snuggle up and watch the world go by. 
By the way, Geneva, if you're reading today, your black fuzzy feral friend joined our Jonas at the dinner plate in the barn one day last week.
There they were, side by side, the best of friends, it seemed.
Jonas gets along with everybody and every animal.
I disturbed their little buffet dinner, and Mr. or Mrs. Black Fuzzy found a quick way out of the barn, even after I had issued a warm welcome.
It is President's Day, and my "retired" husband is the only one among our Sandpoint working family who will be going to work today.
Happily so, though.  He seems to love his new job.
Busy week ahead. 
 I have to do the final, final on my share of income tax preparation.
I'm also documenting information from two beautiful scrapbooks featuring the late Sam Wormington.  The information will come in handy when I write my story in a couple of months.
Plus, I want to get the books back safely in the hands of Sam's daughter Colleen because they are so precious. 
It's fun to turn the pages and to learn all the dimensions of a man who, I believe, may be under-appreciated.  
His contributions to communities in both the United States and Canada are pretty amazing. Plus, his war time experiences as a gunner during WWII for the Canadian Army and his involvement in reunions decades later reveal a very patriotic soul. 
I'm looking forward to putting this story together.
Later in the week, I'll be heading south for a few days.  I've been looking at the temps for those days, and it's looking good.  Not too hot.  Not too cold.  
Just right, ranging from 70s-85.  
It will be nice to enjoy the warmth of sunshine and to shed some of the heavy clothes we wear for so many months out of the year. 
I'm ready for that right now, but work must be done and time must pass.
Have a happy Monday, and enjoy the holiday if you're off today. 
  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would love to read about Sam. Will you let me know where I can read it? Thanks Judy Harris

MLove said...

It will be in Schweitzer Magazine this fall. I'll let you know when it comes out. I have until June to put it together, but now is a good time to assemble information.

If you have any memories of him you'd like to share, send me a note through Facebook.