Saturday, February 18, 2012

Saturday Slight


Well, I'm figuring Kate, the Queen of Ireland, got her wish this morning.  Kate, the Queen of Ireland, is also our Sandpoint Chamber of Commerce CEO.
One of her big jobs right now is promoting the Sandpoint Winter Carnival, and in this year of moderate to little snow, the event got a gift overnight.
We have about three inches of new white stuff.  Plus, it's fairly warm outside, so conditions for winter activities should be good today.
That includes ski joring at the fairgrounds.  Matt, the organizer, knows the area well enough to have a contingency plan when there's no snow.  So, I'm guessing the conditions for this year's competition ought to be prime with this extra dose of snow.
The event caught on big time last year when the weather wasn't exactly perfect, so this weekend should see some big crowds.
I haven't decided whether I'll attend or not.  Lots going on around here, especially with preparing to take off for a few days later next week.

It's been a busy week with many unpredictable elements to attend to, but so far, all is going well.   And, if today's snow is the worst and the last of our winter storms, I'm not complaining.

This morning I'm planning to break with my usual scurrying around to finish outdoor projects and head to town for the coffee cult gathering.
I haven't visited with my coffee-drinking friends for quite some time.  So, it IS time.  Saw two of them this week, and they invited me to please come back.
Though it probably won't be a regular thing like it was when we still lived in town, I'll do my best to show up a little more often.  
The women are fun, longtime friends,  and I miss the lively Saturday-morning discussions where if ya didn't know about something before, you will when you leave the gathering.
And, of course, what gets told in the coffee cult stays in the coffee cult!

We also have a ZAGS game event later this afternoon.  My sisters and I will figure out the food theme for the night.  Last week Barbara put together a delicious stew, which we all enjoyed. 
Could be a hamburger night tonight, which is always okay with me.
Debbie and I both ordered our usual bacon cheeseburgers at the Blue Heron last night.  I never tire of the combination cuz of the home-baked, toasted buns.  Definitely a yum-yum.
And, of course, Bill enjoyed his usual Friday night fish and chips, while Willie ordered that mouth-watering chicken parmeson.
Best convenience-store restaurant around, for sure!

We've got some excitement coming to Sandpoint in late April, but I'm going to keep the specifics undercover for now.  I'll just tell you we at the Lovestead are VERY excited.  Lots of folks in this area will be too when they learn the news.

That's all for now!  Have a wonderful Saturday.

Go ZAGS! 
Go Sandpoint Bulldogs boys varsity basketball in your continuing quest for STATE. 

No comments: