Thursday, February 23, 2012

Shed Day

Bill tells me it's gonna get down to zero about the time I return.  
That revelation came up when we were discussing the switch on the electric panel in the barn which turns on the automatic-waterer heaters.
I told him the switch was off for now and, even in the 20s, the waterers are okay.
Once I heard "zero," though, I told him he'd better flip the switch once the temperature starts dipping.
Bill has lots of little details to attend to over the next few days, as he's taking care of the place and the animals while I "shed" a few layers and head south to 85-degree days. 
Ahhhhhhhh!
If blogging is on schedule each morning, readers can drink their coffee or lattes to desert scenes.  That is if things go on schedule.
So, this is a heads-up.  I may not always have pictures and may not always be exactly on schedule, but I shall blog.  Keep checking back.
Next Wednesday, all should be back to normal, and I'll be wearing those winter layers again.
Yesterday was a pretty crazy day weather-wise.  
It was February, but we were really getting some doses of March---sunshine, brisk cold winds leaving limbs all over the place, rain, snow, hail, white-outs, a five-minute blizzard. 
We had it all, and everywhere I went, I told folks I could take this weather cuz I was gonna escape it, starting today. 
I'll be visiting my dear, longtime friends, Mow and Puz.  I told 'em last night they must be destined to meet cuz they both have nicknames starting with the first three letters of their original last names. 
I'll also be spending time with Annie.  She's mapped out a geocaching-filled overnighter to "the Strip."  
We'll keep our clothes on, mind you, but I'm sure my jaw will be dropping as I take in all the sights and sounds of Sin City.  And, I may even take a few pictures. 
Last but not least, I've been telling Todd, Brooke and Kea that I'll be seeing and playing with their brother Webster.  
Webster has two Border Collie friends at his house, so that aspect of life will be pretty close to normal. 
I am figuring, however, that plastic sacks will be in order as opposed to dropping those logs wherever you want.
Yup, it will be fun to leave the Lovestead for a few days, go bask in the sun and have oodles of fun visiting.   
Mow tells me her hubby Joe will have the Zags game on when I arrive in Palm Springs tonight, so that part of life will be fairly close to normal too.  
It will be just a different setting for hollering and celebrating----I hope on the latter, anyway.
And, after reading the Spokesman this morning, I must report that all ZAGS fans need to add "Go Johnny Go" to their litany of cheers when the ZAGS take on Brigham Young. 
That's who Mr. Harris is yelling for whenever he watches his son Elias play basketball. 
So, happy Thursday.  
Go Johnny Go
Go ZAGS!
Palm Springs, here I come!

No comments: