Thursday, March 29, 2012

Let the Fun Begin . . . .


They're here.  Those little blogger gremlins have started the process of automatically converting us oldsters to the new blogger format. 
I've noticed over the past several weeks that the photo-posting procedure has changed, meaning that I've had to take some different routes just to get a photo published.  
This morning, upon signing in to Blogger, I met up with a new publishing format/dashboard or whatever you want to call it.
So, expect the changes to unfold visually within the next few days as I take off down this "slight detour" in the morning Slight Detour process.
Maybe it will work out just fine, and, more than likely, once I get it all figured out, the gods will throw another change at us--------just like that Facebook timeline they keep putting on our FB walls.
I've looked at other people's timelines on Facebook and remain basically confused. Must be my age, I guess.
Anyway, change has come.  Change will continue to come to the cyber world, and I'll work with it to the best of my lame brain's ability.

Some things aren't changing this week, especially in our natural world.  
Take the rain, for instance.  It just keeps happily falling to the ground with no gods threatening to alter its pathway.  
Actually, this morning, we're dealing with a calm rain.  
I thoroughly enjoyed my walk after chores.  The redeeming feature of all this rain is that it's opening up lots more bare ground, allowing me to take a variety of slight detours through our beautiful woods.
We have ten acres of trees, much of it beautifully thinned by foresters who have and do live here.  Bill has been making progress over the years at managing his forest toward a very esthetic result.  
Neat stacks of wood from thinned trees greet me throughout my morning walks.  Piles of residue---cones, limbs, bark---provide nutrients for the growing fir, lodgepole and pine trees. 
And, the walk these days is so cushy.  Several inches of pine needles provide a lovely brown carpet and wonderful comfort in walking. 
I haven't seen the Lovestead woods grouse the past two days, but it's there.  One morning I watched it walk through the trees, seemingly unaware of my presence.
One morning I was unaware of its presence until the bird startled me with that explosive flutter that only a grouse can do. 
Those moments of once again being able to walk through the woods are among the best of the day.  
Eventually, each morning,  I reach the yard, and,  gradually, the walk through its expanse to get the paper is becoming more and more enjoyable.  
Soggy doggie do's are disappearing as are cones, limbs, rocks and stems.  
Wherever I've raked, a brighter green hue is emerging.  
I was thinking yesterday while raking during a sun break,  that in a couple of weeks, I'll be riding the lawn on the mower at a rate of twice weekly.  
Hard to believe how fast things can change.  
This annual transition from winter to spring is always a change I can happily master any year. 

As for the blog format, that may take some time.  So, be patient as the "fun" unfolds. 

Happy Thursday.

No comments: