Monday, April 16, 2012

Guest Opinion from Foster


Good Morning. My name is Foster.  I'm spending my first morning as a resident at the Lovestead, and I will take time out from chewing my birch bark to tell you a few things.
Mom Love said I could do the writing this morning.  
I'm just four months old, and she hasn't given me too many writing lessons, but I'll do my best.  
Before anything, I want to wish a very Happy Birthday to my friend and best buddy Raine.  
I hope you have a really great birthday, Raine.  
I lift my paw to you in your celebration.
Raine took me in when I was a very young pup and gave me a wonderful start in life.  
I've eaten well, had all my shots,  have learned to behave, and I have all kinds of neat toys.  
Most pups would get jealous if they saw all the stuff I brought over here from Seattle.
My buddy Raine figures that since I'm an Aussie I would be happy living on a farm.
I figured that out pretty quickly last weekend when I came over here to visit with Annie Love. 
I loved the barn, and Mom Love has to chastise me for trying to gulp up those horse apples.  They are so YUM YUM, I'll tell you.
Kiwi and Kea are gonna be my big sisters, and they've been really nice to me, showing me all the ropes about carrying coffee cans and racing through the fields.  
Kiwi also taught me about birch bark and pine cones. 
Since leaving Seattle yesterday morning on a tour bus with the SHS journalism and yearbook students----who were really happy with all their prizes----I've been pretty busy.
We got off the bus at two rest stops in Washington and I did my business both times.
When I arrived at the Lovestead, I recognized everything from last week.  I was so excited.  
Todd and Brooke weren't too excited seeing me because I was sitting in their mom's lap when we drove into the driveway AND they hadn't seen her for four days.
So, they made me keep my distance from Debbie and Willie.
I ate a nice dinner last night, went for a run in the field and checked out all the nooks and crannies in the house.
Then, they put me to bed in my crate near the sliding-glass door.
I sounded off with my squeaky noise for a while but then fell asleep.
At 2 a.m. Bill got up and took me outside to do more business.  
I cried a little more. 
Mom Love took me outside at 3 a.m. 
I cried some more.  
She gave in and let me sleep with her in bed.  
I know that's a no-no, but she said since it was my first real night away from home, she'd consider it a muggle----oops too much of that geocaching stuff---I think she meant mulligan.
Speaking of geocaching, Annie is making me a trackable item just in case I get lost.  I'm gonna have that information on my tag along with my name and telephone number. 
Anyway, just want you to know that if Mom Love is ever late publishing the blog on future mornings, I'm probably taking up her time.  
I helped her do chores today in the barn, and then she took me for a nice walk through the fields and the woods.
There's a lot going on here, and I have a lot to get used to.  
I want to thank Raine for loving me so much during my first four months and for giving me this opportunity to live on a real live farm.
I still don't know quite what to think of those huge horses, but I know enough to stay away from them. 

Now, Mom Love is gonna take over and post some quilting pictures she took at Western Pleasure Guest Ranch yesterday.  
She tells me Virginia Wood sent handwritten letters to each of her granddaughters and granddaughters-in-law inviting them to dinner last night.
Their names were drawn, and then they got to pick out their quilt, all done by Virginia and local artisans with quilting machines. 
Mom Love told me there were a bunch of pretty dogs up there yesterday that look a lot like me.
I can't wait to meet them.
Enjoy the photos.  
Note:  Blogger gods are being obstinate this morning, so more quilt photos later.  Thanks for your patience. 

Virginia with her oldest granddaughter Jody Russell. 

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Hi Foster
My name is Coco and I am a distant relative of yours- probably really distant. I am only 9 weeks old so you are older than I am. I read your blog today and think you and I could be really good friends. I would like to come to your farm and meet you really soon. Maybe you could teach me about those coffee cans I keep hearing about. You can call or send me an email. (I don't know a lot of words yet, but my Mom and Dad can help) Enjoy your day at the Lovestead you lucky dog!
licks- Coco Bear

MLove said...

Let me chew upon this, Coco, and I'll get back to you. They've got me coming and going and going and coming. Busy day.