Thursday, May 17, 2012

This and That Thursday


A guy's gotta do what a guy's gotta do.  In this case, Mr. Foster has discovered the most comfortable position for avoiding the pain of "puppy clip-and-snip." 

I took a baby to bed with me last night for the first time in about 33 years.  

Last time I remember taking a baby to bed with me was was when Annie had pneumonia on her first birthday.

I kept her right next to me to make sure she kept breathing all night---that's how scary it was.

In last night's case, it wasn't so scary as it was sad to listen to a poor little pup whimper and cry cuz he hurt so bad and had no idea what he did to cause the pain.

First, I sat with Foster.  The crying stopped.

Then, I figured he was okay and went to bed.

The crying started.

So, I took him to bed with me.  He didn't cry all night.

This morning he's feeling somewhat like a happy little pup but the pain of yesterday's surgery still requires a little "butt-in-the-air" action. 

Poor guy.  I'm glad the surgery is over and will be happy for Foster when he feels comfortable lying in his bed again. 

~~~~The Festival at Sandpoint concert line-up started showing up on Facebook last night.  First words I read were "Alison Kraus," and I thought maybe I'd better buy a ticket.

She came here several years ago when Bill and I were coordinating the Festival ushers.  Oh, what a concert!  Oh, what a voice!  Oh, what a talent, with that voice and that fiddle.

The best part:  oh, what a down-to-earth lady she is!

Kenny Loggins, Bare Naked Ladies and Counting Crows.  Yeah, I've heard of them all, and I do love Kenny Loggins' music.  Can't tell you what I think of the other two, but I'm sure my kids have plenty to say about them.

And, then, another lovely surprise.  In this morning's Bee, Rhonda Bradetich's photo appeared with the Festival line-up.  She'll be playing on classical night with the Spokane Symphony.

Rhonda was the second face I noticed from the wonderful SHS Class of 1980 and the cast of "You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown."  

Yup, before seeing Rhonda's photo, I spotted Steve Neuder (a local burying and marrying reverend) in the cast of "The Music Man."   This production is set for late June and early July at the Panida Theater.

I might have to go see that too.

And, this weekend "Lost in the '50s" takes over Sandpoint.  It's definitely one of the biggest of all the biggest weekends of the year from now until September.

In the midst of all this, Bill and I received an invitation to attend a Dutch Oven potluck this weekend at Naples.  

Having never received such an invitation and having discovered the fun and food of Dutch-oven cooking over the past year, I think we're gonna give it a try.

I haven't asked Bill what he's planning to prepare in his Dutch oven, but I'm sure it will be something tasty. 

Life is revving up into high gear here in Sandpoint, and the natives are excited.  

I'm excited to get out and work with a big patch of dirt I prepared yesterday for this year's official manure-pile garden.  It needs a little more raking; then it will be ready for planting.

And, this year, I'm putting up a temporary fence after learning last year that deer will even eat the vine plants, including whole cucumbers.  

Lots to do.  A beautiful day again.  Happy Thursday. 


No comments: