Friday, June 15, 2012

Lovely Friday




Bill just read me a factoid from this morning's local paper:  the record high temperature was set on this day, June 15, 1974.

I think it was much hotter than that at St. Joseph's Catholic Church when then "Fr.", now "Msgr."  M.John O'Donovan performed our marriage ceremony. 

At the reception, someone had to go to the store to get some more Hi C punch as thirsty guests were keeping the punch bowl empty. 

Today is beautiful, but I'm betting we won't break that record.  Do they still make Hi C punch?

Forty-four years ago today our best man and matron of honor were married at Whitworth Presbyterian Church.  Seems like it was a nice day then too.  

Congratulations, Kevin and Joyce, on your anniversary.

Anyway, Bill and I have made it through 38 years on this "just a summer romance."  And, when we think of all the images along the way, it's been a good ride. 

Last night some of us went to dinner at Cafe 95 to celebrate my brother's birthday and our anniversary.  I can't say enough good about that place. We feel so at home there and especially love the meals.

Barbara and Mike were first timers.  Both enjoyed their orders.  We also enjoyed getting to know the owners better and having the teachers in our group give some words of encouragement their son who's just transferred to Sandpoint High School. 

For the locals, I'm posting Cafe 95's website, which provides the menu.  Last night our table included a breakfast plate (actually two were needed), two Mexican dishes, a burger and another sandwich.   

Very reasonably priced, I must say.  To learn more, check out the following link: 

Today is a lovely summer morning, and I'm guessing moods around the area have lifted considerably.  How long it lasts is anyone's guess, but we'll make the most of it.

I'll mow the lawn again today and will get together with Debbie later to help decorate for tomorrow's Women of Wisdom luncheon.  

Bill and Mike are downstairs talking about the upcoming opening of another Super 1 food market in Bonners Ferry.  Their opening is set for Wednesday.  

I also see that June 29 is the official grand opening for the Byway.  Talk about a BIG day in the area's history.  We're ready!

On the family news front, I'm happy to report that Annie had her picture taken with Seattle Seahawks coach Pete Carroll last night.  

Now, I know it's anniversary day, but I still I must say if I were looking for heart throbs,  Pete Carroll would be for me what Viggo Mortensen is to the 40-somethings and Justin Bieber is to the teens.  Neat guy!

When Willie called to report Annie's fortunate photo op, he said, "That's not all."

"Well, what else?" I asked. 

"She won a 40-inch TV," he said, "for having the best tweet."  I still don't know that details, but it was a good night for Annie AND her company.  

Groundspeak was recognized as one of Washington's Best 100 Companies to work for.  Seems like the stars lined up nicely last night.

Not a whole lot else on my mind this morning except all those endorphins floating around with the cottonwood fluffs outside.  

I must say that many of those fluffs have made it inside.  The vacuum cleaner will be busy later when the breakfast crowd clears out.

Gotta go downstairs and join in on the visiting.  Have a great Friday.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!!!
Janet

MLove said...

:) Thanks, old friend!

Word Tosser said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, you two... may the next 38 top these 38 of past..