Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Tuesday Twitterdeedrip


It's record-setting time, and we need to come up with a manual.  The manual would explain the importance of these records and what we mortals can do to support the cause.

I don't know if Facebook is the best source ever, but this morning I learned from Facebook that this June 2012 has already reached the milestone as third wettest month on record.

After reading that, I thought about the date:  June 19.  

Gosh, with more than one third of the month left, we could actually finish at No. 1.  

It's important to set these records for one reason:  the disgruntled wretches who sit around griping all the time about the weather would at least have some facts and figures to justify their griping.  

So, let's go for it.  Let's not complain. 

Let's encourage Mother Nature by keeping our miserable mouths shut and finding things to do to keep our frustrated minds occupied.

I took on one new activity yesterday.  It was kinda fun.  It came after several feeble attempts to do outside projects in the rain.

Finally giving up, I watched most of a movie on the Encore channel.  

This is a big accomplishment for me.  My daughter can tell you that I seldom watch a entire movie.  

"Mom, are you awake?"  That's Annie's cheerleading chant virtually every time her mom pretends to be awake during movies.  

I did not fall asleep once during this movie, even without Annie's help.

Sleeping with the Enemy with Julia Roberts kept me pretty riveted AND awake.  

I watched until almost the end, then turned it off, once I knew Julia aka Laura aka Sara was gonna be okay and no longer pestered by that evil husband.

Sitting on the couch in the middle of the day for nearly an hour watching the tube is generally against my self-imposed rules.  

We've waited for months to enjoy the great outdoors and all it has to offer, so to waste that valuable time IN JUNE borders on mortal sindum. 

I didn't feel too guilty, though, especially when I walked outside in the continuing rain. 

During yesterday's ongoing downpour, I talked on the phone twice to people living over on the west side of the mountains. 

My brother reported to me in the morning that he had gone outside without a coat and that going outside without a coat had been a mistake for him.

Later, in the evening my cousin reported that while visiting with me on the phone,  she was sitting outside underneath a large umbrella, watching the rain fall. 

Such good news!  

I almost attacked her over the phone for her audacity of telling me rather indirectly that we could expect more rain today to go along with my brother's cold weather. 

Now, however, after reading the morning Facebook report,  I have a new attitude.  

After all, we're in line for a record.  In my family, we have always preferred finishing No. 1.  

Coming in third just doesn't pack it.  I know that from experience in all those 4-H failures.

So, I have adopted a new attitude this morning.  

Let it rain! Let it rain! Let it rain!

Let's look forward to June 30 for bragging rights about the wettest June on record.  

And, with June finishing off just half of this year, we could even look forward to greater achievements for 2012.

After all, March was the wettest year on record.  Add June.  Then consider six more months of rainy possibilities.

I think that will be really neat if December 31 comes along and we can have a party, celebrating the wettest year on record. 

Lots to look forward with this promising potential. 

And, maybe during that time I can watch a few more movies. 

Rah! Rah! Rah! Rain! Rain! Rain! You're no longer a big fat pain!  

1 comment:

Big Piney Woods Cats said...

6 1/2 inches in my rain gauge so far for June!