Sunday, July 22, 2012

Summer Glory




 It's 7:36 as I begin this post.  My sister has driven to Coeur d'Alene to judge some 4-H dressage entries, beginning at 7 a.m.

Only three, so she won't be there long.  She'll drive back.  Then, the three sisters will load up and head back south on HWY 95, bound for Julyamish.  

Laurie should have the road memorized by the time we return tonight.  We're taking money and cameras.  More than likely, we'll bring back hundreds of pictures and some lovely samples from the many booths at the annual event.

We went to Julyamish last year and loved it.  So, when Barbara asked me the other day if I wanted to join them again, she barely got the question out before being pelted with a resounding "Yes . . . and I'll bring money."  

Last year I came home with some Christmas gifts and a beautiful George Flett collectors' edition book of ledger paintings and their stories.  It sits in a place of honor along with the moccasins Laurie made for Bill and me.  

We can't get enough of the powwows, it seems, and today will be a very special treat. 

Just one of the glorious times of summer, now that it's here.  

And, now that it's here, I'm trying to enjoy every moment.  Last night, after spending the day grocery shopping and shelling more peas, I tied in with Debbie.  

We stopped by Cafe 95 where she enjoyed what she could eat of a huge plate of nachos, and I had fresh blueberry cobbler baked by Frances, one of the owners.  

We also enjoyed the usual down-to-earth conversation that goes along with a meal at the restaurant which used to be called the Long Bridge. 

Then we drove over to one house where nobody was home and back down the street to the cabin to visit with Laura, the triplets and Sefo.  

Laura's folks (my brother and sister-in-law Mike and Mary) were off at the second night of their 50th class reunion.  Their Saturday evening event was at Western Pleasure, so they, no doubt, had a lovely time.

Bill and Willie had gone to Lightning Creek fishing.  When we left the cabin and climbed back in the car, they texted a request:  stop by Taco Bell and get us a box of crunch tacos.

So, we did.  I enjoyed a visit with the local Ponderay cop and former student Justin.  And, for those who might get the wrong idea----purely social.  I seldom go over 45 on that Ponderay stretch of HWY 95.

But others had last night, and we saw the flashing lights to prove it. 

We brought the box of tacos home and stood for a few minutes in the kitchen while everyone grabbed a sample.  

Then, on to bed to get ready for another busy and fun summer day.  

I've already been for a nice bike ride down Woodside Road this morning.  My muscles didn't complain so much this morning.  So, it could be that the bike will replace the feet for early morning jaunts.  

All's lovely, and it looks like a great day ahead.  

Happy Sunday. 

No comments: