Friday, August 03, 2012

First Friday Report









My camera is back from the shop, all cleaned and ready to go.  So, it went with me this morning. 

I'll not take credit for the top pictures.  I'm thinking Annie was holding her camera when she snapped the shot of her and her Groundspeak colleagues geocaching at the western-most point of the European continent in Portugal.  

That would make it a "West Coasters meet West Coast" story.  I'm sure she'll post more photos during the day, as she is settled now in Lisbon and surrounding area for the GeoCoinfest.  

So, do check my Facebook wall during the day if you're enjoying her travels.  

Meanwhile, my brother Mike sent me the photo of the Casey Tibbs museum which they visited earlier this week near Pierre, South Dakota.  

The rodeo legend was a distant relative of our dad Harold Tibbs.  Harold got to meet Casey decades ago when he was competing at the Cow Palace in San Francisco.

So, it's cool to have a little memorabilia from the museum.  

The rest of the photos were simply scenes from my early morning barn activities and my walk along our road and Selle Road.

It's pretty cool to walk through this beautiful valley down the center line of a busy road.  In the morning, the valley is pretty quiet and peaceful with very little traffic activity.  

Yesterday it seemed like I did garden stuff all day long.  Bill and I enjoyed the rewards during last night's dinner:  boiled fresh veggies with Longhorn German sausage.  

Bill came home late from his stint in Elk, so his dinner was dished up and just needed a little zapping.  

He warmed up the dinner plate and then put his bowl of swiss chard in the microwave, forgetting to pull it out.

The bowl was sitting on the counter this morning, but I told him he did NOT need to eat it for breakfast. He seemed agreeable to that. 

Willie and Debbie came by as did Mike and Mary.  The visit included lots of talk about "squatching."  Debbie has some friends who want to go "squatching" this weekend, so we're gonna go up to Bloom Lake today to check out the possibilties.

Should be a great experience with some fun tales to tell.   Of course, I'll post pictures if they're lucky enough to snap a few of Bigfoot.

Guess that's all for this first Friday of August.  Best wishes to all for a great day.


 

No comments: