Saturday, August 04, 2012

Saturday Slight


A lovely Saturday morning, indeed, and in far off Portugal, a big day for geocachers is coming to an end. 
Annie snapped this photo with her iphone fish-eye lens.  The gathering is her reason for traveling to Portugal:  Europe's 2012 Geocoinfest.
Geocachers come from throughout Europe to talk their sport, practice their sport and exchange unique coins designed for trading, tracking, etc. 
Annie and her colleagues from Groundspeak helped facilitate the event, held in Lisbon.  She'll stay another day in Portugal and then head back to Spain and Morocco.  



 In the meantime, Willie was looking over the possibilities for a camping spot yesterday.  He, Debbie and some friends will pitching tents tonight and enjoying all the spot has to offer----maybe even some of the wildlife which walks on two legs. We had an enjoyable time scouting out the place last night and talking to the caretaker who does a phenomenal job keeping the camping area immaculate and beautiful.

This morning I took my camera along again and saw a bunch of Finneys headed to the head Finney farm where classmate Gary lives.  They were looking forward to finishing off their annual haying project today, and these two generations made up part of the crew.  I learned last night the hay in the Bonners Ferry area is limited at best because of rain damage.  I may have to look for my alfalfa elsewhere this year.

After walking past the Finney farm and enjoying views across the valley, I caught my neighbor Stan out for his morning stroll which included a trip to the paperbox.  We had our usual enjoyable visit, and Stan filled me in on some more neighborhood history, like the good ol' days when he was usually the first driver down South Center Valley Road  when he went to work at the Co-Op.


Then, of course, it's always nice to grab my paper and arrive at Home Sweet Home here at the Lovestead.  I've taken picture after picture of the house and yard but for some reason always feel the need to snap one more. It's a lovely place, and I'm guessing each photo reminds me once more how much I love this place.  It and the Selle neighborhood have been good to us. 

Today I'll probably be doing some more picking and storing of garden goodies.  The lawn has a fresh cut, so other projects can receive some attention---as well as just plain relaxing. 

Hope everyone has a wonderful Saturday. 

No comments: