Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Tuesday Twitterdeedum






A giant brilliant, red sun is rising in the east and a blanket of white fog is hanging in the west.  What a contrast!

Out at the dog run, Mama Deer and her twins have been tormenting the dogs by snipping away at grass just a few feet away.

Bill is getting ready for work.  Let's see, it's been almost a year since he retired.  Guess he likes his "retirement" job with Inland Forest Management.

Another lovely September day ahead.  I'm loving it.

Just made some posts on Facebook regarding an upcoming trail ride at the Ginter Wildlife Management Area this Thursday.  I'll be taking Lefty, and he'll be going on his first real trail ride----same place I took Lily when she was 3.

That was four years ago, and I'd never take Lefty by himself at my age.  Times and fear have changed since then.

It will be nice to be among friends if Lefty goes ballistic----I'm rather doubting that will happen.

Yesterday was a fun day.  I made it to Northside School to see all the developments with their gardens and their garden club.  By the way, I saw reminders that Northside is another of the Idaho state-designated 5-star schools. 

It's easy to see why with its wonderful staff, beautifully maintained school and grounds, and, of course it's lovely rural nature. 

Michele Murphree is my contact who lets me know about garden activities at the various schools.  She's a Master Gardener, and she's worked her heart out to promote and support these school gardens.

In addition, several community entities, including Home Depot, Wal-Mart, Clark Cedars and Cedar Hills Church have gone above and beyond any expectations with their donations.

As I walked out to the garden area, I could see that the whole scene is flourishing with its layout, wonderful planters, beautiful white picket fence, and, of course, its bountiful produce from this year's student efforts.

Yesterday was a day of harvest.  Whatever the students harvest goes inside to the school kitchen where the staff prepares it for school lunches.  

I had no idea that the pumpkin I gave the garden club president was headed to the kitchen too.   Made me feel proud that something from my garden would be enjoyed by some young palates.  

The kids were excited and enthusiastic about pulling carrots, chopping off cabbages and selecting ripe tomatoes.  

I thoroughly enjoyed my visit at Northside, as I always do.  

Later, I met my sisters, a brother and my mother at her current residence for a truly special moment.  

Laurie had spent the day, teaching and doing a little show-and-tell about her recent experience at the Arabian Sport Horse Nationals.

She took along her loot and a video of her national championship performance for students and staff to enjoy.  

But it was the meeting with Mother that meant so much.  

I don't think Mother or anyone had any concept of the magnitude of Laurie's achievements until they saw all the awards---it took two trips from the car and three people to carry it all. 

Our visit with Mother yesterday was, for sure, a lifetime KODAK moment.  And, our mother was so proud.

As, are we all.

Happy Tuesday. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the picture with Grandma--I'm sure she was thrilled! How special for everyone!
LL