Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Ouch! And, All That Stuff


Looks like the snow shoes are gonna have to come out if I want to get any decent ambulatory exercise.  

I did a "10" in the middle of the road this morning.  Luckily, the bus headlights were just peeking above the hill north of Meserve's.

So, I had time to whine a moment before getting up and dusting myself off.

No bruises---yet, anyway. 

The roads are deceivingly icy.  

That leaves only our driveway and the lane for walking.  

Until the big dump the other day, I was taking the 4-wheeler out to the hayfield and carefully forming a big circular pathway with its tires.  Two times around forms pretty walkable trails.

The snow is too deep for that now, and it's crusty hard.  Not quite cement but definitely not soft enough to zoom through with a UTV.

So, I'll pull out my Red Feathers today and start packing some trails in the fields.  Of course, dogs will be right on my tail, looking for free rides.

We're supposed to get another dump tonight, but most of it may be south of us---if we're lucky. 

The "elf" who reports from Schweitzer for K102's morning stampede said the staff were expecting about 21 inches during the most recent snowstorms.  They received 39.

So, they're happy up there.  Couldn't come at a better time with Washington schools out for the holidays and the general winter vacation times revving up.

And, the Christmas stuff is revving up too.  When Christmas seemed so far off with our early Thanksgiving, I still forged ahead so I could get ahead and then slow down.

What has happened?  I've been forging forward and never getting ahead, it seems.  

And, as I look ahead, I don't see a slowdown until maybe Dec. 26.

The plus side of all this is that a portion of winter flies by, and that's okay with me.

On that note, I'm going to call it a day and wish the best to all of you on this Wednesday.

Of course, I've got to hurry to get today's projects done cuz we DO have a ZAGS game at 6 p.m.  

GO ZAGS!  Beat those Campbell Chicken Noodle Soups or whoever they are!  

No comments: