Tuesday, May 14, 2013

After the Rain . . . .







Lush looking for the spectators and luscious for the critters.  Last night's heavy rain, accompanied by a full-blown lightning and thunder show, cleaned up the area and greened up the grass.

Since we're running a little early on springtime scenes this year, I'm guessing the next couple of weeks will bring the the height of the brilliant green hues we usually seen the second week of June. 

It's a lovely time,  and the Selle Valley sorely needed a good scrub down.  No dust for a couple of days anyway, and no need to lug around hoses for watering this morning.  

All good.

The best part of my walk today does not show up in the photographs.  If I had a "Precious" lens like my daughter Annie, I could have posted a nice photo of Jim Wood's elk herd.  

I think the entire herd had gathered for breakfast in a field below Brian Wood's house.  Too far away for my little camera lens but close enough to appreciate the view. 

I also heard my first kildeer screeching away in a field to my left.  I love the kildeer and especially love the moments when they put on such a great act, which suggests that an innocent bystander is harassing the heck out of them.

Really, the innocent bystander or walker has no idea a kildeer is even in the area until the screeching and flitting from one spot to the next begins. 

One almost wants to apologize for the intrusion.

The rain came at a good time for my pumpkins.  I planted two seeds in the top of the manure pile yesterday after doing some tractor work to clean up manure pile garden area.

Garry Bristow, the Bonner County Fair Pumpkin competition has begun here north of town.  Good luck! 

It looks pretty nice out there with the pumpkin pile and the dirt pile next to it rearranged and ready for another crop of potatoes.  

Slowly but surely the spring hurry-up work is getting done, and now we pray for no more freezes. 

Happy Tuesday. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great post. I was checking continuously this blog and I'm impressed! Very useful info specifically the last part :) I care for such information much. I was seeking this certain information for a long time. Thank you and best of luck.

Have a look at my weblog; Abercrombie Pas Cher