Wednesday, May 22, 2013

No Watering Today







Timeline, from bottom up:   First came the wild wind.  That was about 3 p.m. yesterday.  

I worried,  on my drive home from town,  about how bad the mess would be in my yard.  

Not too bad compared to Selle Road, which was covered with branches and tree cones from start to finish.

I picked up an armload or two of branches from one section of lawn and took them to the woods.

After dinner, I did a quick sweep of the lawn with the mower to clean up most of the mess before the rain came.

Parking the mower, I looked to the east and decided it was camera time.

Willie drove in the driveway to pick up the dogs as I was snapping pictures of the wet deck and the amazing lighting over toward the Cabinet Mountains.  

It was a "run-around" picture shoot cuz that dramatic pre-storm, early evening light wasn't gonna last long.

Before I had finished my clicking, I spotted Willie in the yard with his camera, grabbing shots wherever he could. 

A great mother-son moment, indeed.

This morning:  wet, wet, wet Wednesday.

Only two cars passed as I walked north on South Center Valley Road for about 1.5 miles in my rain pants, rain coat, hat and boots.  

Pretty quiet out there, 'cept pitter patter.

Even Lily who's pretty darned possessive of her food left the flake of alfalfa for Lefty to find a dry spot under the barnyard shelter. 

No biscuit time for dogs.  Two are staying dry in the garage while Mr. Foster was quite happy to return to the comfortable living room after doing his morning business.  

Haven't heard a peep out of him since. 

And, I don't have to run outside after the blog to drag hoses around for the garden and the flowers.  

Looks like some time spent indoors today, maybe some grocery shopping and finishing up some projects.

But I do have a dryer and those rain clothes dry fast.  So, fresh outdoor air will call, I'm sure.

Happy Wednesday.  Stay dry. 

And, since it's wet for some readers, I noticed that Flickr has changed its format, showcasing each photographers complete album.  

So, if you have time this morning and want some viewing enjoyment, go check out my daughter Annie's album:   http://www.flickr.com/photos/nnlove

Other family members' pics to come. 

No comments: