Saturday, May 04, 2013

Saturday Slight in Selle









We have dealt with a bit of contrast this week, as can be seen by the top photo.  I took that Tuesday afternoon, I believe.  

That was the day I attempted a second deck party, which involved the guests standing on the deck for the obligatory 30 seconds and then following my sister Barbara's lead when she announced, "I'm going inside."   

So far,  with my deck parties:  Mother Nature 2 -  Marianne ZIP. 

I will have to admit that snow on pansies is kinda pretty, but we've had enough of that kind of pretty for now.  I prefer the pretty morning deck, the pretty cows and all the pretty horses over in Elton Anderson's field along Selle Road. 

All but the but the snow-covered pansies greeted me on my walk today.  Or, may I should say that I greeted some of the sights, especially when I came walking down the road and startled Elton's horses. 

Taylor's cows, however, were on the move when I headed out of the yard to the road.  I knew they were there because of my mini cow dog in the dog run.  

Yup, Mr. Foster did some major barking when he saw those cows heading north along Taylor's fenceline.

He finally decided it was okay for them to enjoy their first morning of spring pasture.  The group stood around, nosing my direction while I snapped photos and then moved on to check out their new green-carpeted perimeter.

I saw another pretty neat sight along my walk, but it was early, and for me to have walked into the neighbor's driveway to grab a few shots of the baby Yak in a small enclosure next to the house may have disrupted their weekend snoozing.

So, I just view the little one from afar as Duke, their dog kept watch over his new friend.  I'm sure there's a story to be told there.   And, I'm wondering if Duke is going to have himself a permanent black-and-white sidekick. 

I also wonder what Brooke's  (Willie and Debbie's little darling)  gonna think when she sees the baby Yak on her next sneak-over to the neighbors.

Anyway, a pretty, pretty day ahead.  My lawn is mowed; some of my garden is planted/transplanted.  

The Walla Walla sweet onions, planted from seed in house, then greenhouse, spent the night outside in the garden, and they're still standing upright this morning. 

I may put out some of my corn and a few geraniums since we're slated to have fairly warm nights for the next week or so. 

In a little while, Mr. Foster will be going for his beauty appointment at the Pooch Parlor.    

And, speaking of beauty and brains, Willie and Debbie will be spending the day, fully immersed in Sandpoint's Distinguished Young Woman competition.

Willie's helping with stage stuff, while Debbie lined up the out-of-town judges.  

After Bill and I enjoyed dinner at Stacy's Country Kitchen in Sagle, we met one of the DYW judges last night at Cafe Trinity where I picked up my three bottles of Febreze Allergen Reducer.

My niece Laura brought the bottles with her to Sandpoint,  along with two members of the Coeur d'Alene Tribe.   

Both of them have  appeared in regional television commercials for the tribe, and one, the DYW judge,  even reigned as Miss Indian World in the 1990s.  

We had a great time visiting and doing our fair share of giggling on the Trinity deck before making the big Febreze handover. 

I'm hoping to get enough outdoor work completed this morning to plop myself in front of the television set for the Kentucky Derby.  I seldom miss the race, and even the beautiful weather outside won't distract me from watching this year's version.

Wonderful day ahead, so I'd better get started.  Happy Saturday. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We had a few friends over for dinner last night and at 7 p.m, decided we would eat outside. It was almost 8:30 before we got chilly enough to move inside. Love it!! Janet