Saturday, September 07, 2013

Saturday Slight

Octoberfest Geocoin.  Some may see a similarity to Miss Annie Love with the first coin--Seattle Sounders colors, of course.  


What is Geocoinfest?

Geocoinfest is one of the biggest events in the world specialized in geocoins, geocaching and outdoor activities. If you are experienced collector of coins, experienced geocacher, or just a beginner - everybody is welcomed. 

This action associates geocachers, fans, collectors and sellers all over the world.  Last year in German Cologne this event became the biggest festival of geocaching and outdoor activities in Europe and also in the world.

Geocoinfest is a commercial show for geocachers and geocoin collectors. 

You will find here sellers and producers of coins from the whole world, various track objects, equipment for geocoins and travelbugs, things for cash establishment, things for cash searching, outdoor clothes for tourism and climbing, outdoor equipment, camping furniture and tourism equipment, climbing equipment, things for water sports, skialp, telemark, freeride, outdoor transport, climbing centres, outdoor and geocaching association, special nourishment for tourists, producers CWG and SWG.

All this talk about Annie and her travels.  Today is the European GeoCoinfest in Prague, Czech Republic, where scores of geocachers from across Europe will be visiting.  Annie and other Groundspeak, Inc. staff from Seattle are there for the festivities. 

Anyway, her trip will draw to a close in the next few days, and she'll be back in Seattle, probably anxious to attend the next Sounders match.

~~~On this Saturday morning here in Selle, I must talk of former Selle-ites.  I saw a herd, yes, a herd of them last night at Sweet Lou's.  Some I hadn't seen in nearly 40 years.  

The first one I spotted was Ed Erickson.  He was sitting at a corner table packed with people. Then, I saw him get up and walk to a long, long table with folks along both sides.

Looking down the line, I spotted her:  Wilma Erickson, age 100, as of yesterday.  

I walked over to say hello to Wilma and wish her a happy birthday.  She seemed quite pleased.  Then, I started recognizing other faces:  Polly Hart AND Polly's mom. Immediately to my left was Polly's brother Dan.  

The recognition continued when I asked Polly if the man next to her was her husband. Everyone laughed.  

Oops, the Erickson brothers of Selle, cousins to Polly and to Ed,  sat across from each other at the end of the table.   I met kids and grandkids of some of the aforementioned. 

David Erickson asked me if we were going to have a class reunion.  Yes, I told him, reminding him that we have at least a year before we start thinking about that.

Anyway, the lady of the hour remained quite chipper and happy to be surrounded by so many family members and then serenaded with the "Happy Birthday" song. 

Wilma Erickson, a retired teacher, is one of the more amazing ladies I know.  Would that we all be as sharp and physically healthy as she is should we even reach 70!

The family is having a celebration for Wilma today from 1-4 at First Lutheran Church.  If I'm around, I think I might have to take my camera.

And, as I think about last night, I'd say the Selle crowd, including our family kinda dominated the seating at Sweet Lou's.  

Back at our table, discussion revolved around the first week at the schools.  Farmin-Stidwell is getting another teacher, due to the enrollment so Laurie was late joining us. She and her colleagues were setting up a classroom for the new teacher.  

It sounded like an overall good start for the three family members who began another school year. 

This morning, Bill took off early for St. Maries where he is joining others on a tree farm tour.  That will be followed by a trip to Costco to pick up the usual goodies, including the monthly supply of M and M peanuts 

I have a lawn to mow and some more garden work to do.  Might ride a horse.  It's definitely an open day ahead, and I like that. 

Happy Saturday. 


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

If Wilma is 100, how old is Polly Hart, her mom?

Marianne Love said...

Polly Hart's mom was with Polly Hart. Sorry for the confusion. I don't know Mrs. Hart's first name, so I did not name her.

NORTH FENCE NEIGHBOR said...

POLLY'S MOM'S NAME IS EMILY.

Marianne Love said...

Thank you, North Fence Neighbor! :)