Saturday, September 14, 2013

Saturday Slightly Busy

It's a September morn when the sun came up well after I started my walk.  I took my camera, thinking I would catch some nice sunrise shots further up the road, but the sun wasn't ready to get up when I was down there.  So, I had to hurry to reach this opening just south of Gary Finney's fence.  The scene feels like fall but the temperature did not.  Almost broke a sweat at 6:30 a.m.  Maybe the heat will end today.  I think most people around here wouldn't mind seeing it gone for a while.  Definitely unusual when we've experienced almost four months of hot weather with very few breaks, but that's North Idaho.  Whatever we have for weather we have a lot of it. 

A sign of fall and a good summer for roses. 

Heat or no heat, this bush is gonna do its color show regardless. The bush and the maple tree in the front yard have both started showing their autumn hues, even with no overnight freezes or temps below 40.  

The weekend was busy to begin with, but I think I'm adding to the craziness.  Got a request from JoJo Baker (he's a great auctioneer) to take some pictures at one or both of the auctions he's crying this weekend. 

I decided I could not pass up the offer, especially the Mennonite community auction today up north of Bonners Ferry.  So, as soon as I finish the blog, I'll probably be on the road with camera by my side.  

Would love to spend the whole day at that event, but, as with everything in life it seems, I've gotta hurry.  I might block in a few quick minutes to stop by the horse show in Bonners where my sister is riding. 

There's a wedding this afternoon out at Hope, and I can't miss it.  There's another in Lewiston, but one can travel only so many miles hopping from event to event, so I'll pass that one by. 

Tomorrow morning there's an auction at the M and J Ranch at Samuels.  M and J stands for Margaret and John----Bradetich, that is.  Our family has patronized a store that evolved years and years ago from the old Boyer Store, owned by Margaret and John Bradetich.

So, it's safe to say we've known the family for most of our lives.  

Anyway, JoJo is in charge of that auction too, so I'll probably drive up there and shoot some photos.  

And, in the afternoon, we'll be saying an official good bye to a good friend at a gathering along the Clark Fork River. 

Yup, busy weekend, all right.  There's more, but I've got to hit the road.  So, happy Saturday to all. 

Stay cool!

1 comment:

Word Tosser said...

the Sunday auction was across the street from my daughter's house... she saw the cars coming and wondered what was up... and found out it was the auction..