Thursday, October 03, 2013

Autumn Crisp and Sunshine


We're back to layers.  This morning I wore a polo shirt, sweater, fleece and a vest. Unzipping the fleece came later in my walk rather than earlier.  

It was definitely nippy outside, and a strong breeze accentuated the nip in the air. That's all the more reason why I truly enjoyed my walk.

Finally, the feeling of weariness from months of heat has gone away and a sense of vibrance has replaced it. 

So, it looks like we're officially entering that all-too brief window of really striking North Idaho beauty that precedes North Idaho gray. 

And since we haven't had any hard freezes just yet, I'm thinking we may get a longer duration of fall color.  That would be nice, especially since Bill and I will be missing several days of it, starting next week. 

We'll see our share, though, because we're returning from Las Vegas through Utah, and we're both thinking that the aspen and other deciduous trees in that red sand country out to be breath taking and definitely worth lots of photos.

Annie has to be in Las Vegas for a GeoCoinfest, and attending the event is Bill's Christmas present from 2012.  He's had to wait a while to enjoy his present, but I think it will be worth the wait. 

In the meantime, I'm doing a little promoting this morning for Nikki Hawkins Zimmerman. Nikki founded an organization called Out of Step.  Its primary purpose is to introduce consumers and businesses to people with disabilities.  

The ultimate goal for each introduction is that the people with disabilities can sell their individual products (artwork, crafts, inventions, etc.)  or gain meaningful employment.

Out of Step has reached the second level of a nationwide contest to be featured in a Super Bowl commercial. 

So, I'm including a link which you can visit and vote and pass on to others.  Nikki is very passionate about this organization, and it seems to me that her cause is certainly worth of recognition in the wide Super Bowl audience. 

So, here's the link:  https://www.smallbusinessbiggame.com/WA/The-Out-of-Step-Tool/384737

If doesn't work when you click on it, paste it in your web window or visit my Facebook wall and vote.  If it does work, you'll see a photo of Nikki.

I've heard you can vote every day until it ends.  So, I'll post reminders.  

Thanks for supporting Nikki's cause. 

Guess that's all for today.  My editing project came early, so I've actually finished it, but Bill says there's more coming this afternoon so I'd better get some more stuff done around the place. 

Happy Thursday. 



No comments: