Sunday, January 26, 2014

Da Blahs

Another day of gray.  I thought we'd get some some today because folks said the sun was shining in Seattle.  Instead, we're in one of those endless periods of blah. 

Still no complaining, though, cuz most of the ice is gone and we can generally walk lots of places with ease. 

So, it's okay even if it is gray. 

Plus, we enjoyed a great night of basketball last night with nail biting but convincing ZAGS victory.  They're now 18-3, and, except for the young man who has the flu, all the injured players are back up to speed AND it showed. 

Bill and I took a quick trip to Coeur d'Alene yesterday after discovering the dogfood supply was getting low.  

Our dogs eat ATTA BOY, and it's a lot cheaper at Costco, so it was a dogfood run along with a chance to pick up some of the basic supplies----the ones we can't live without: Tillamook medium cheddar cheese block, coffee, hamburger patties, and of course a resupply of Kirkland candies. 

This time Bill chose the chocolate-covered almonds.  That container won't go down nearly as fast as the macadamia nut chocolates or the English toffee with sea salt.  The almonds could last a couple of weeks while the other choices usually disappear within days. 

I also went to a music store and picked up another book about teaching oneself to play the banjo.  The clerk played guitar, and she showed me one little item with the banjo, which could make all the difference.

The plan is to just keep plugging along reading the books and plucking the songs until something sounds the way I'd like it to sound.  That could take some time, but that's okay cuz banjo playing does help "blah."  

After watching a great video, sent to me by a friend, about a highly talented Border Collie yesterday, I took my dogs out for a romp in the woods. 

 Like the banjo playing, I'd love to have our pups learn to play Border Collie tricks like Zoe, the dog from Poland, does, but they make their own fun without any instruction, so that's usually enough for me to derive enjoyment aplenty.

I'll include the video this morning with a DISCLAIMER:  THERE IS A BAD WORD IN THE ACCOMPANYING SONG, so if you don't want to hear the bad word, DON'T watch the video, or plug your ears with disgust after you've heard it. 

I'd like to say the photography talent and dog talent more than make up for the bad word. 

Also, maybe you'll enjoy yet more photos of the Lovestead regulars.  By the way, my daughter Annie DID put me on to a Seahawk shirt for Foster, so it's been ordered.  Thanks to everyone for their suggestions.  Much appreciated. 

Happy Sunday.  Enjoy the photos and the video, if you choose to watch it. 










No comments: