Wednesday, March 05, 2014

21 Days and the Short List

Yup, just three weeks.  And, we'll be off for the family adventure of our lives.  Giddy is a good word my outlook during these days preceding the big trip to Ireland.

The list of "things to do" before Ireland has dwindled considerably this past week, and checking off each item has only intensified the excitement. 

Over the past few days, I've finished up the "novel" about the critters here at the Lovestead.  Photos, names, personalities, individual idiosyncrasies and suggestions on how to keep them all straight and safe have filled many a page.  

Soon the novel will be turned over to Elisabeth who will be keeping watch over our beloveds and the Lovestead.  My friend Roxane will help her out from time to time.

Other list items include getting the bank card okayed for foreign charges.  I did that yesterday, and reminded Bill this morning that he should be getting his ATM bank card soon.  

Bill doesn't believe in those things, but he has a few female naggers constantly reminding him.

Yesterday I also bought four boxes of Nestles chocolate mix with little marshmallows.Gotta have my daily lattes, so I'll take the mix along. 

Everybody now has suitcases with rollers, and mine is sitting on the bed next to my computer.  New unds and Nestle's will get packed today.  I figure an item or two a day from now on to alleviate last-minute stress.  

Only problem with that plan is my short-term memory.  It's possible I may not remember to take things cuz I simply can't remember if I packed them.  

Oh well, if we have the credit cards and our passports, we should survive. 

In other plans, the horses will go to Spokane in a couple of weekends.  I still have to check off "shoeing" for their month with the trainer.  Hope John Fuller will be back soon from his winter in Mexico. 

Annie's room is almost spotless for Elisabeth, and I sure have removed a lot of cobwebs and 8-year-old dust from places in this house which I never usually notice. 

The list goes on, and I must go on.  Debbie's here with the doggies, so I'll call it a day here at Slight Detour. 

Soon the Ireland count will be down to 20 and then 19 and 18, etc., and my giddiness meter will inch even further upward.

Happy Wednesday.


1 comment:

Word Tosser said...

I make a list of what I want to have in the suitcase... (also keeping a mental note, I don't need to bring everything.. as I can purchase some there)... and then when it is done.. I put the list that has everything crossed off.. in the suitcase.. so I know I have everything when I pack to come back home. And when I come home with the extra.. I roll everything so it will pack better.. because I don't care if it arrives home wrinkled.