Tuesday, March 04, 2014

Tuesday TwitterdeeFAT



Hard to tell which of these does the best job at catching the subject at her worst, but I'm betting Lily would want you to vote for her portrait.

Then, again maybe not.  

Lily was actually at her BEST yesterday, thanks to some "happy sauce."  

In fact, she was feeling so good AND acting so good during her dental work that she may just come running to the fence next time she sees Dr. Grace show up in the driveway.  

Plus, Lily's probably enjoying her food more than she has in some time.  Thanks to Dr. Grace's keen eye, expertise and slick equipment---along with that happy sauce---all those jagged edges of Lily's teeth have been rounded off. 

Life inside Lily's mouth will be comfy for a while. 

The best part was that I forewarned Dr. Grace and her assistant Susie that Lily's not always a demure lady when it comes to people fussing with her body, especially her head.  

All for naught. 

In her 8 years of life here in North Idaho, Lily has never yet had the bushy hair clipped from her ears for horse shows.  

And, probably never will because she can be emphatic when faced with clippers or scissors up in that area.  So emphatic that, a few years ago,  three sisters mustering up all their strength and psychology could not get those ears clipped.

With that in mind, I felt it necessary to give the doctor a heads-up.  

Twasn't necessary at all.  

Lily has grown into a mature, demure lady whose charm was oozing with the vet and her assistant even BEFORE the happy sauce.

So, I'm proud of my girl, and I'm happy that her teeth will not attack the inside of her mouth anymore while she's trying to chew on an apple or a handful of grain. 

Now, for the second photo:  Granted, Lily might want you to vote for hers, but I'm thinking mine gives Lily's a good run for the money. 

Today marks the first-ever selfie I've taken with a Mardi Gras mask.  

Oh, I know taking selfies with Mardi Gras masks is probably not that big a deal, and surely it could never bring out the retweets that Ellen and her gang inspired the other night at the Oscars.

Still, the feeling of knowing I've taken a selfie in a Mardi Gras mask gives me a certain feeling of satisfaction------until I look at the picture, that is.

Pretty scary. 

I took this picture for my friend Jeannie who usually sends  or brings us fry bread as her annual dues for membership in the Lodgepole Society.

I think it's been at least a couple of years since we've sampled Jeannie's wonderful fry bread, which means she's in arrears on her Lodgepole membership.

But I'm also thinking she thought the colorful mask would do the trick.  So, we'll allow her to remain a member in good standing-----for a while, anyway.

As former co-workers, Jeannie and Bill have talked "Luzianna" a lot, especially LSU Tigers.  
So, if I have the story right, I'm thinking that Jeannie went down there to Luzianna to visit a friend, and I'm guessing on that trip she picked up the mask in N'Awlins. 

Jeannie tells us she has something else too, which she wants to present to us, but she ain't tellin' what it is.  

I'm pretty sure it's not fry bread. 

So, we'll have to wait, but for today I've properly donned my FAT TUESDAY uniform at least in front of my cell phone.  

Don't know if I'll plan to scare anyone today by parading around town wearing it, but in the safety of my own house, it's kinda fun.

Thanks, Jeannie.  We're waiting on the edge of our seats to see what the "mystery" gift is.  
In the meantime, Bill will be eating his gumbo tonight, and I'll be scaring the beejeebers out of him with the mask. 

Happy FAT TUESDAY!

No comments: