Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Tuesday TwitterdeeSUN, We Hope!








Twas a wet, gloomy and miserable day yesterday . . . and cold too.  After finishing a couple of morning cleaning projects, I allowed myself to function as a lazy slug for a couple of hours, actually nodding off on the couch while two dogs and one cat hung out with me in the warmth of the house.

After the second short nap, I decided to accomplish something on this ugly day, as we were waiting somewhat impatiently for the series of dry, sunny, 50-degree days, promised to us by all weather forecasters.

So, I took my camera and left the two dogs and one cat to their lounging in the house and the others in the garage. 

I had read on Facebook that water was flowing over the highway on the road to Clark Fork, so I thought that would be an interesting sight for pictures.

By the time I arrived at the sign saying "Water over the Road," someone had fixed the situation.  I'm guessing the water came from a series of temporary waterfalls pouring down the rock cuts and moss-covered hillsides between Lower Pack River and Hope.

Though I did not see the water over the road---just the signs announcing it---I saw a lot of water, splashing to the ground alongside the road.

And, of course, I saw water and snow hitting my wind shield.  

I did not see but did hear the tiny rock hit and splatter a small spot on the wind shield, though. 

While driving back to town, I watched a line slowly spread from the star-shaped crack and make its way about four inches across the window----right in line with my eyes, of course.

I don't know how far the crack will stretch, but it's sure to be visually irritating during upcoming driving adventures. 

At least, I feel like I belong, though----once again having my very own North Idaho wind shield.  We get that a lot!

During the quick outing, I also turned up the Trestle Creek Road and found a herd of cute deer feeding on brush right along the road side.  

They even hung around and let me snap some photos before taking off in a string of eight, racing to the other side of the road and the bushes. 

Trestle Creek was running big and beautiful and loud.  In fact, I could hear the creek roaring from my car, so after the deer portraits, I headed over to the creek side and marveled at the power rushing past me. 

It turned out to be a day of accomplishment photo wise, but not a fun memory to be recounted every time I get in the car and see that ugly crack slowly making its way east across my wind shield. 

And, of course, the day ended on a positive note as the ZAGS won handily.  They face a huge challenge tonight against BYU for the West Coast Conference Championship.

GO ZAGS, and Welcome, Sun.  You can show up any time!


No comments: