Friday, May 16, 2014

May Morning Glory


Dan Wood's cows in just one of the many lovely scenes I enjoy on my morning walks. 

Bert Wood's cows.  Bert is Dan's cousin, and his cows began their summer grazing on the Meserve Preserve this week.   

My friend Janice and I jokingly compete for Home/Yard Beautiful contests.

She usually wins, as you can see from this morning's view of her home just up the road from the Lovestead.

Even after spending most of the day on my lawnmower yesterday, along with a little weed eating with the new old $50 lawnmower, I've still got a long ways to go to catch up with Janice.

And, you should see the beauty behind the house. 
Foster's been working extra hard this week to be my buddy.  He's always been my buddy, but for some reason this week, he's keeping closer tabs on me.

Last night he left the other dogs and Bill and came up from the woods to check on me and to provide mini-Aussie vigilance as I walked around doing little projects outside.

Foster's legs were dirty from his trip to the woods, so I took him over to the water hydrant and washed them down.  Towel treatment in the house came next, and then I picked up his leash.

YES, Foster wanted to go for a little drive.  


In fact, Foster was beside himself with pure joy at the thought of jumping in the car and cruising around the neighborhood with Mom.

Twas a good excuse for me because the humidity and the bugs and the itch from a whole day's worth of mowing lawn were getting to me.  


Of course, a car with air conditioning would be nice for the last few minutes of daylight.

So, I went "Driving Mr. Foster," and just plain enjoyed the ubiquitous beauty of Selle.


We saw oodles and oodles of deer, eating, running, jumping and sneaking around the neighborhood.

I think their numbers have doubled over last year's.  They're everywhere, it seems, and that made Foster happy because, after all, he's a BIG dog and he must bark at those deer from his safe perch in the front seat.

Foster's vigilance continued this morning when I put him in the house before my walk.  His favorite perch inside is that front window.  He was there when I left and there when I returned.  And, when I read the paper, his head rested on my left leg.

I like my buddy. 

Happy Friday. 

No comments: