Monday, May 12, 2014

Monday Buzz and Moo

I don't know where Kea was last night after dinner, but the rest of the Border Collie Nation plus One were wishing Bill would do a little filming with his new Go Pro camera.

 Bill was discussing a Saturday fishing experience with the camera and noting that he needs to do something different next time because his video was upside down. I'm sure Willie had a few tips for his dad.  In the meantime, we're practicing hand stands so we can watch Bill's fishing films. 

The lawn, the dogs, the kids and the service berry blossoms made for a nice after-dinner photo last night.

Willie cooked pasta and warmed up French bread and brought it over for the Mother's Day feast.  We added some salad and meatballs and gorged ourselves.

Then, it was time to get outside and work off the calories. During the dinner feast, Annie called,  making the Mother's Day celebration complete.  I also have a lovely new lily bush and a rose bush.  Thanks, kids. 



In other news, the morning sounds have increased in the past few days.  Saturday I noticed that Chad Moore had brought his honey bee hives back to Taylor's field.

I noticed that while taking my morning walk and suddenly hearing a distinct chorus of buzzing.  At first, that sound was much too ominous, reminding me of the nasty bees from last summer.

Then, I looked to my left and smiled.  Those bees are A-okay.  In fact, I've smiled several times since while seeing lone honey bees cruising through the air around our yard.  They can come on over any time they wish.

On Saturday when Barbara and I headed up to take in the Moose Valley Farms Customer Appreciation Day (loved the homemade ice cream), we spotted a big red semi rolling to a stop at the Center Valley turn-off. 

Bert Wood was driving and the trailer was loaded with a batch of his cows bound from Naples to one of their summer pastures here in the neighborhood. 

Yesterday morning, I heard the semi come to a stop next door, and later, the summer sounds of "moo's" permeated the air at the Meserve Preserve.  

In short, the neighborhood turkeys, ducks, geese, crows and song birds are gonna have to turn up the volume cuz there are some new players in the Selle Valley critter choir. 

Nice to have the cows and the nice bees back.  

With buds bursting out all over, the loveliest time of spring is a upon us, and I'm thinking that some of my greenhouse plants will start going to their summer homes this week with warmer overnight temperatures.

So, it's a lovely Monday, and soon I've have to take a cat to the groomers for his summer clip. I'm sure Rowdy will feel a whole lot better when those long-haired cat mats hit the floor. 

Happy Monday to all. 

No comments: